Tuesday, August 6, 2013

school supplies shopping

We are crazy and love to make a big deal about school supplies shopping! I think it helps all of us better handle the reality that school is right around the corner. :( We took Brody shopping by himself last year, so we carried on that little tradition this year as well. 

Sunday evening, we dropped a sleeping Jillian Kate off at my parents' house and headed to pick-up all the items on Brody's supply list for PreK 4! 


Shopping on the Sunday night of tax free weekend might not have been my most brilliant idea ever. Do you see all the empty hooks?! We found everything Brody needed, except one thing, so we did pretty well. Our school doesn't have outrageously long supply lists, thankfully! 


Brody asked me to take a picture of him with all his supplies {and his new fire truck lunch box}. Apparently, Brody is going to spend a lot of time glueing this year. We had to buy quite a bit of glue. :)


Up until I had Brody, I taught 4 year old PreK at a local elementary school. It is absolutely crazy to me that our child is as old as those kids were that I was teaching when he was born! How did that happen? 

Yay for being done shopping for supplies and avoiding the last minute crowd! :) We are looking forward to a great year of PK 4! 

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That's exactly how I felt when our oldest went to kindergarten. I taught K before my kids were born and I remember thinking when I was pregnant that the kids in my class were so old and then in the blink of an eye, he was that same age. What sweet memories-hooray for school shopping!

Lindsey said...

You are not crazy... we LOVE to make a big deal out of school supply shopping too. In fact my mother insists on buying a new backpack and lunchbox every year for my kids. We have an abundance of them both now but she wants them to feel so special about starting a new year at school.We also have a back to school family night each year. The first Friday night after school starts we have a dinner that the kids chose and help make, then we reads back to school themed books and sit in the floor and play board games together as a family. My kids look forward to it every year!!

Linds said...

I love that you make it a special event. I decided not to take them this year when I got supplies for just our house, but I might take them both when I get their supply list once they start MDO.

Sunni said...

I am the same way with back to school shopping! I love it! Once they start school it really seems to go fast. :( My oldest will be a big first grader this year. I can't imagine sending her to school without a nap mat. It's so heartbreaking.

Erin said...

So much Glue!!! looks like he had a blast !

Anne Gregor said...

Great post! I am a mom that spends most of my time working and has only little time to spend in shopping supplies for my kids. I find shopping online is easier and more convenient. If you don't have to travel between multiple stores to compare coupons but just click, then you save the cost of your gas.

There are a few online school supply stores that you might want to check out -- We get ours at www.SuppliesForSchool.net