Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jillian Happenings

Jillian may look like a sweet, girly girl, but the truth is that she is a fearless, sassy, opinionated little thing! She does or says things everyday that just leave me speechless!
 The kids love to tell us in the mornings about their dreams (or made-up dreams). Recently Jillian woke-up and told me there had been a monster in her room that night. I asked her what she did when she saw the monster and she said, "I said, 'hey der monster...whatcha doin'?". Obviously these monster really scare her! ;)
The kids were outside playing one day and I kept hearing Jillian talking to a "butterfly" she was holding. When she got closer she said, "Ahh! Look at my sweet little butterfly!" I realized the child was holding a live wasp by the wing. It was flapping around trying to get loose and I just knew she was about to get stung. I have no idea how she caught it. I told her that she needed to put down the wasp and that it could sting her. She threw it on the ground, immediately trapped it with a toy and then smashed it with a container of play dough. Fearless child!
Jillian likes to have tea parties in her room. She usually insists that Brody is apart of these tea parties as well. We kept noticing that she wasn't just having a pretend tea party, but she was actually serving Brody water in a tea cup and making him drink it. The big question was where was she getting the water. Josh realized she was scooping it out of the toilet and then giving it to Brody. Ha! SO nasty, but so funny! We are trying to catch her now before she has anymore parties, or at least encourage her to water from the sink! ;)
A about a month ago we were regularly being woken-up by noises in the kitchen around 2-3am. I would always walk out and find Jillian in the refrigerator trying to get a drink or a snack. She was usually trying to get a Cutie or string cheese. When I asked her what she is doing she always says, "I just need a snack". Sometimes I just watch her without her knowing and she would get a snack or drink, and then head right back to bed.
She and Brody got in a fight over something and Jillian walked out of the room. A few seconds later she came back into the room with a toy slingshot and was aiming it at Brody. The look of determination on her face was priceless!
If she gets mad at me she says, "You aren't my best friend anymore". Then, within about 5 minutes she will tell me I am her best friend again. The joys of the emotional roller coaster of an almost-3-year-old! ;)
We love this girl so much! She keeps us laughing, and she keeps me in a state of exhaustion most days!  

Happy Wednesday!

14 comments:

lifewiththebs said...

Sound like a character! God's plan is to give us our "handful" children second so they don't end up as only children!

Crystal said...

She is such a doll! She sounds hilarious and I'm seriously LOL'ing right now!

Wildali said...

SO FUNNY! The tea party is my favorite! Poor brother!

MEGAN said...

I laughed so hard I cried at the tea party bit! Poor Brody.

Sarah Wyland said...

This child is hilarious! She handled a wasp WAY better than I would have, for sure. I love that last photo of her - the dress is so cute!

Casey said...

Oh my word. I have never really noticed before but her and Brody look just alike in the picture with her hair pulled back. She cracks me up and reminds me of my daughter who is 7!

Amy said...

HA! The toilet water! oh my gosh! ha

April said...

HA!!! She's so funny! The toilet water really made me laugh!

Betsy Maddox said...

She is the CUTEST!! I love hearing all her funny stories! :)

Emily said...

Toilet water. NICE!!! Poor Brody, lol!!!

Sara said...

Ahhh, the toilet water! Nice! My other random thought/question is how can she get the string cheese open by herself?! I struggle sometimes to separate and peel the package open! That takes skill!!

Nancy said...

What a cutie! She & my Kenlee would get into trouble together!

thepetitepelican said...

What a precious child you have!! May she always use her sass for good and not for "evil." I don't think you have to worry about her being talked into to anything she doesn't want to do!

[darci @ the good life] said...

She is so precious!! And I love that she just gets a snack when she feels like she needs one (I do the same, unfortunately - ha!!!).