Friday, July 26, 2013

5 on Friday



I'm linking-up with Darci for 5 on Friday today!! 

{One} Brody went to his first friend sleepover last night! He spent the night at Payne's house. When we took Payne home on Sunday, Payne thought he was going to come spend the night with us. Sarah asked if Brody wanted to come spend the night with Payne this week. They had a great time together!!



And it only took our children approximately 11 seconds to start fighting when Brody got home!


{Two} I'm excited about our weekend! We are going on date tonight! Woohoo! And we have fun dinner plans with friends this weekend! I'm hoping for lots of pool time this weekend, too, if the weather cooperates!


Side note...Josh thinks it's so weird that I have him in my phone as "Josh Francis". He said it sounds like we aren't married. ;)

{Three} My niece is 11 days old today and I am pretty sure my sister has yet to wear yoga pants and a t-shirt around the house. I've gone by almost every day and she is always in a maxi dress! Ha! She is just one of those people that has always gotten fully dressed every day for as long as I can remember. I loved this IG pic that our friend Heather posted last night! She and Elliott are both doing great!


{Four} Speaking of Elliott, several people have commented to us or on pics of Elliott that she favors Brody to them! I have thought since she was born that they favored. Here is a comparison of Elliott and newborn Brody.


{Five} I've blocked from my mind what a difficult age three was for us the first time around. Now that we are approaching it for the 2nd time, it's all coming back to me. Oh goodness! It's definitely going to need to be "a year full of grace" at our house...for both Jillian and me! It's funny to see how boys and girls are both challenging at this age, but how different it looks. Also, girls talk non-stop. I thought boys did, but then we had a daughter. She talked for 2 hours straight last night! My ears were so tired when she went to sleep! ;)

I hope you all have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I have my husband by his full name in my phone too. :)

Kaysie said...

You have me worried for when our Preslie turns three! Ha! Jill looks awesome! Pregnancy and motherhood really suit her. Have fun on your date!

Dianna said...

I love this post! So honest and love your 5 things.

Lindsey said...

I have my husband's full name in my phone too. I just told my husband this morning that I blocked at age 3 for a reason. Adeline is turning 3 next week and boy oh boy, will this next year be trying. I quickly remembered the stage with my boys. Only it's seems to be a little worse (can we say dramatic....) with girls!
I love following along and reading about your sweet family.

The Tranthams said...

I have my "Josh" in my phone by his full name! That's how I put it in when we met and just haven't changed it. :)

Beth said...

Ha! My oldest, also 4 but a girl, has been at VBS every evening this week. I commented to my husband, I love her to death, but the quiet is nice. And we have a 13 month old chatter box at home too, it was so quiet only having one!

Kim Kauffman said...

You are so right that girls talk all the time! Our daughter Alivia is the same age as Jillian and this is definitely a tough age. I was just praying this morning that God would give me love and grace for her because WOW! It doesn't help that we have a four week old that she's adjusting too. That's why we named our new daughter Ashlyn Grace - because I knew I couldn't do it without God's grace!

Maryellen said...

I don't have children but one time I went out with my Aunt and a friend of ours daughter. Let me tell you she talked from the back seat of the car not stop. I was physically and mentally exhausted hah I said to my Aunt who raised two daughters, oh my gosh is this what "they" all do? She laughed hysterically and said oh yes ! WOW hah hah
She is a grown women now and I tease her about that day when she sucked the life right out of me hah hah

Missy F said...

I have my hubby in my phone by his first & last name also, I figured that if I ever had an emergency it would be easier for someone to figure out that Matt Lastname is my husband (same lastname) as opposed to honey or mj (his nick name) ; ) Is that weird!?

Lynsey said...

My husband is in my phone by his full name too! Brody and Elliot favor each other so much. Glad your sister is doing well, she looks amazing!

Sarah said...

My little girl turns 3 today and I think I blocked it too. She is so difficult lately! And she talks nonstop. In fact since she was born my best friend's son said he was going to marry her so he could be brothers with my boys. Now he says he isn't marrying her because she is bossy and talks too much!