Monday, June 17, 2013

singing in the rain

Today was one of those days when our kids were not settling easily for a nap...like still bouncing on their beds an hour into nap time. I went into their rooms, told them to get on their swimsuits, and to meet me at the front door.

They had no idea what we were going to do, but because it involved swimsuits, they were SUPER excited! 


I opened the door and told them to go play in the rain. It was just a quick afternoon shower (no thunder or lightening). I hoped it would help them run off some energy! 

Brody looked back at me and said, "Are you crazy?" Ha! Actually, yes. It makes me a little crazy when you two don't nap. ;)


Look at that sweet smile! He was having so much fun!


Jillian started dancing and said she was dancing "to the rhythm of the rain". We will blame that on her Fresh Beat Band obsession. 


They kept begging me to put on my swimsuit and come play with them. I'm sure all of our neighbors (most of who are home during the day) would have loved that! Ha!


They had a blast and were ready for a bath and dry clothes once they came inside! 


It didn't help them nap, but at least we made a fun memory this afternoon! 

Hope you all had a great Monday! :)

11 comments:

The Lowery Family said...

love it! that's a great rainy day idea.

Heather said...

Ha! We had Swim Lessons today in the rain, my kids were exhausted and they still didn't nap :( So I'm feeling you on that crazy thing :) ha ha.

Superchikk said...

Love it! I am waiting for a rain shower without thunder and lightning here! So far, no luck. I think every kid should get to play in the rain in the summertime!

Kelly said...

What a fun idea. We did that when my bro and I were little

Your kids are beautiful

Julie Rogers said...

LOVE the idea---this may be my kids tomorrow with rain the forecast:) Way to turn the not napping craziness into something fun...and hopefully they went to bed well, right?!

Julie
www.thechirpingmoms.com

Alex and Jill said...

I love that Brody said, "are you crazy!??" HAHAHA!

I need to let Amelia play in the rain...she'd love it.

emily said...

so sweet. that is something they'll always remember.

amy said...

what a fun mom you are! :)

Nancy said...

That pic of Jillian dancing in the rain is classic!! What a beauty!
I think you are a great Mom, Jennifer!

findingjoyinthemoments said...

That is so sweet! I love special moments like that! Taking a break from the routine and just having fun is great! :)

The Crowder Family said...

You are such a fun Mommy! What a great idea--that I may have to steal the next time we have an afternoon shower! Your family is the cutest!