Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Master Bathroom Accent Wall

We had planned to work in the yard on Saturday morning. Our flower beds are looking a little sad, so we had planned to start trimming, digging, and planting some things. We woke-up to a rainy, yucky (great for sleeping) Saturday morning. 

Since we didn't have any plans I asked Josh if he wanted to paint an accent wall in our bathroom. Doesn't that sound exciting and random?? Ha! He was so sweet to agree to paint, and within a few minutes we were on our way to buy paint. 

Here is the finished wall! It took just a couple of hours from start to finish. 


Rose wall art from Target! 


Before and After. The before wasn't bad, but I do like the after much better! :) I still need something for above the towel rack. 


The color we used was Valspar Mudslide from Lowe's. I literally walked into Lowe's and picked a color within 30 seconds. I usually over-think things like this. 


It worked out much better to just paint one wall instead of painting the entire bathroom a lighter color. The ceilings are pretty tall in our house and the bathroom is no exception. I'm sure no one would have been thrilled about tackling this paint job. 


The tray ceiling in our room and the dinning room are next on my list of things that need to be painted!

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it! I'm going to try to convince my husband to be as sweet as yours. :)

Nancy said...

Looks great!!

His Doorkeeper said...

You all did a great job! Looks very nice!!

Ramblings of a Little Wife said...

Love the accent wall. It looks really good. Umm I got three paint quotes to repaint my kitchen. They cost $300 to $550. Crazy.... but hopefully going to happen next weekend at our house!

I wanted to paint my bedroom, but after that sticker shock, I am over it ;)