Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wear It: Preschool Boy Edition

This week's Dog Days of Winter Challenge is  "Wear It". I went a little different direction with my post this week and decided to post a few of Brody's outfits. :)

One thing I remember hearing pretty often when I was pregnant with Jillian was how much fun girls are to dress, and it is true. It's like playing dress-up every single day....until they turn 2 and have their own opinions, and then it's not nearly as enjoyable! Ha!

What you don't hear a lot of women say after you announce that you are having a boy is how much fun boys are to dress. I'm not sure why some people think you can only have fun dressing girls. Truth is, I enjoy dressing a boy! Why? Because little boy clothes are ADORABLE! Sure, you sometimes have to look a little harder to find exactly what you want, but there is absolutely no reason dressing a little boy cannot be as fun (or more fun) than dressing a little girl. I LOVE being a boy momma and I love dressing our handsome guy! 

I thought I would share just a few of Brody's cute winter outfits. I am by no means an expert on dressing a little boy, but I have managed to keep the character t-shirts to a minimum, so I feel like I'm doing something right. :) 

When I asked Brody to let me take some pictures of him, he told me he thought he could if I would pay him $5 and if his transformer could be in the pictures with him. Ha! 


Zip-up hoodie: Old Navy
Plaid button-up: Old Navy
Khakis: Old Navy
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider


Vest: Carter's
Plaid button-up: Ralph Lauren Polo (bought at Dillard's New Years Day sale for cheap)
Khakis: Old Navy
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider


Cardigan: H&M
Plaid button-up: Old Navy
Jeans: Kohls
Belt: Dillard's
Cowboy boots: Bought 2nd hand from friend


Vest: Carter's
Truck button-up: Old Navy
Jeans: Carter's
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider

Now I want to see what outfits you have been wearing or what Pinterest outfits have inspired you lately! Make sure you come back tomorrow and link-up with our Wear-It Challenge!





17 comments:

Mandy Rose said...

Pretty much LOVE this post! Could he be any cuter?! I love the vest and the spike the best, but he looks absolutely adorable in all of that!

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

Oh my word! He is the cutest!! I love the last outfit the best, but they are all fabulous!! He is gonna break some hearts when he gets older!

Lynsey said...

He is the cutest and I love this post! I think dressing a boy is so much fun.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh SO CUTE!!

Amy said...

Such a cutie! Love this post :)

Linds said...

He's so cute! And I love that he wanted to be a paid model... he's so smart!

takethesemoments said...

I agree, I love dressing a boy just as much (or more!) than my girl. Now, my boy is not even 2 yet but my girl is 3.5 so that may have something to do with it too... she has quite the opinion. :) Your guy is presh!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Brody always looks precious! I agree, it is fun to dress boys too- just takes a little perseverance since the stores are filled with pink and more pink!

Ashley Paige said...

oh my word, i can't even STAND that last outfit! you're right- boys ARE so much fun to dress! i wouldn't change it for the world.. you just have to dig a little deeper for their stuff! cutie patootie!

Desiree Lynn said...

So adorable and he even has the smile/smirk down! I think I like the boots the best.

Jennifer Mead said...

I am totally loving the last outfit and the fohawk! Looks like something I'd put my little guy in. Great style!
xo,
Jennifer

JESSICA said...

What a well-dressed boy!
Those shoes in the last outfit look exactly like the same ones my oldest has from Target. I guess Target does a good imitation Sperry! :)

I have 2 boys and 1 girl, and while dressing a girl is awesome, I have always loved dressing my boys. We find great Polo shirts for cheap at TJMaxx, Ross & Marshalls. I always get compliments on the way my children are dressed, as I'm sure you do. Makes a momma proud!

I agree about character stuff. Characters are meant for toothbrushes and some pajamas. We have to draw the line! If my 4-year old Jilian Cate had her way, we probably wouldn't be getting all of those compliments. I totally understand! :)

katie lake said...

PRECIOUS!!

momMYsliceoflife said...

I completely agree, boys are so much fun to dress... especially when they are little! Once they get to about 7 or 8 though, all they want to wear is Under Armor. ;) My little guy knows that he has to dress my way every now and then and always for church. I think it will be a lot of fun again when they become teenagers and care about looking nice! :)

Amy said...

What a handsome young boy! He's going to have to fight the girls off when he is older!

Nicole said...

Love his style!!! He is adorable!

shopwithpippa.com said...

OMG .. soooooo cute! Spike his hair as long as he will let you ... one day he will out-of-the-blue tell you to STOP! pippa
(found you on the Wear it Challenge Linky Party)