Monday, March 25, 2013

our weekend


I hope you all had a great weekend! 

Friday night, I invited just a few close friends over for a dessert party to celebrate Josh's 30th birthday. I debated on throwing a big surprise party for him with lots of friends, but this was just more our style. It was a fun, low-key night! 


The amount of chevron in the picture above will make you dizzy. I promise my whole house isn't covered in chevron! ;)


I ordered a small cake from Rick's bakery and cupcakes from Bliss Cupcake Cafe. I made mocha cappuccino muddy buddies, chocolate gooey butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brownie batter dip, and peanut butter cake balls. 

Random...but did you know Hobby Lobby is selling paper straws now? I've had to either order these online or buy them from a specialty shop in the past. I'm excited they are carrying them in lots of colors now. A pack of 25 is only $1.99 (or 1.20 with a 40% off coupon)! 


Saturday, we went to a birthday party for our friend, Cilla! Her momma always throws the CUTEST birthday parties. I didn't take any pictures at the party, but got this one of the kids before we left the house. 


Jillian's cute little dress/top is from Diva Designs. Amanda makes SO many cute dresses! Make sure and check out her FB page! 

Sunday morning, it snowed a little! Nothing says "Welcome, Spring" like a little 30 degree temps and snow. Palm Sunday and our kids were in winter clothes! 

They were trying to catch snow on their tongues! Ha!


Last night, we celebrated Josh's birthday with my family with dinner and a cookie cake! 


Have a great Monday! 

8 comments:

Emily B said...

Thanks for sharing about the straws!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Cute pictures! The chevron picture did cross my eyes a bit. It looks like a great spread and so much fun! I am glad to hear that HL carries straws too! Going there after nap time for some Easter project supplies.

Nancy said...

What a cute party! The kids look adorable in their party outfits!

Charity said...

Where did you get your chevron rug? I love it and am looking for that exact same thing for my living room.

Audrey said...

Where did you get the Cher on tablecloth? Very cute!

Hamppy birthday to your hubby!

Audrey said...

Ummm that was supposed to be chevron!

Nikki Benz said...

Parents increasingly choose to send their children to schools that reflect the values that are important to them.family first want to make sure you can own your home by the time you retire. family first is committed to keeping the Great Australian Dream alive.

Alex and Jill said...

I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE STRAWS. I always have to order these online or like you said, buy from a specialty store in town which is insanely expensive - $15 for a pack of 20! Thank you for sharing that!

Happy Birthday again to your hubby!!