Monday, March 18, 2013

gender reveal party

Last weekend, Jill and Brandon hosted a gender reveal party {at our house} for their family and close friends! 

Jill and Brandon found out the gender of the baby on Thursday, but the party was not until Saturday evening, so they had to keep a secret for a few days! :)

Mom and dad in their pink and blue! Jill was sure the baby was a boy and Brandon thought the baby was a girl! 



We had sandwiches, yummy dips and sweet tea before the big reveal! 


There was a chalk board in the entryway for everyone to vote for Girl or Boy. Boy won on the voting!


A few of the 30 people that attended the party! 


They used cupcakes filled with colored icing to reveal the gender! 


I was so excited to find out the gender that I didn't take a single picture during the reveal! Oops! :) 

The inside was PINK!!! 


There were a lot of surprised faces when we saw the inside of the cupcake...mine included! I was sure she was having a boy! :)


We cannot wait to meet sweet Elliott this summer!! 

15 comments:

Lisa Cheney said...

Adorable party! Is this your first time being an Aunt? I love the name they have chosen. I know a sweet baby girl named Elliette. Similar:)

Alex and Jill said...

I'm so happy for your family! I don't know why but I imagined her having a girl! :) Such a cute party and love the baby's name. She's blessed to be born into such a wonderful family. Congrats, Auntie!

A Wedding Story said...

I can just see Jill with a girl now! So fun!

Courtney said...

What a fun party! I love the name Elliott.

Casey Fields said...

So cute! And I love Jill's outfit! Especially her leggings!! Too cute.

Nancy said...

She is so pretty! This baby will be beautiful like your two!

Sarah said...

So fun!!! Girls are so fun! How special for Jillian too! Did you make the cupcake toppers? I'm looking for similar ones for a baby shower I'm throwing!

Not So Newlyweds said...

YAY for girls!! I love the name Elliott for a girl as well :) Congratulations auntie!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Aww, congrats to all! What an exciting time and everything looked beautiful! You are such a sweet sweet Auntie!

Sonya said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love her sweet name!

Meredith Salmon said...

What a cute party! I love, love the name Elliot! I wanted to name our little girl that, but my husband wouldn't go for it so we settled on Ellison. So excited for your family. :)

Kyndal said...

How much fun! Congrats to your sister. I bet Jillian can't wait to have a baby girl cousin to dress up. :)

kimmie said...

My little sister just had her gender reveal party tonight and she is also having a girl!! So exciting!! Congrats!!

Lauren & Eddie said...

I am totally partial, but I LOVE her name. It's my mama's last name, my middle name, and James' middle name now! We even spell in the same! Congrats on a niece!

Jennifer said...

How exciting. What an adorable outfit. Can you share where she purchased the top and pants?