Friday, February 22, 2013

snow day

It snowed here on Wednesday! It was so pretty and I really enjoyed having a little winter weather considering that we haven't had much, or really any, the last couple of winters.


Brody begged me to take him sledding, so I told him as soon as Josh got home he could go sled. I didn't think the snow would melt so quickly. By the time Josh got home, there wasn't a ton of snow on the ground. The boys still managed to sled on a big hill behind our house. Brody was SO excited and loving their time outside. 
 

Yesterday, we had an official snow day since their MDO was closed because of some ice overnight. 

I made blueberry muffins for breakfast and we hung out with Josh before he left the house at 7:30. Then we got out the white boards and dry erase markers. Brody practice writing names and Jillian drew pictures. :)


Lunchtime was easy because their lunches were already packed for the day. :) They both handed me back their bags of carrots and told me I could eat them! Ha! 


They took a bubble bath before nap time and then dressed themselves in their matching Christmas pajamas. Jillian added a little girly touch to hers with a tutu. She puts a tutu over everything she wears these days! 


We had a fun day together yesterday! Sometimes those unexpected days at home are always the most fun! :)

Happy Friday! 

2 comments:

Desiree Lynn said...

Such a sweet snow day. And of course a tutu makes everything cuter. ;)

Giggles said...

Sounds like such a fun day!