Friday, February 8, 2013

friday

I am SO glad it's Friday!! We had a good week, but I always love the weekends! :)
Here are a few random pictures from my iPhone from the past few days:

The kids went to a birthday party Monday evening. It was a Jake and The Neverland Pirate themed party! These two pirates had a blast! They came home with masks, treasure maps and treasure chests.


The first thing Jillian does each morning when she wakes-up is to change out our her pajama pants into a tutu. She usually puts her rain boots on as well. Our little fashionista was so proud of herself Tuesday morning! 


A sweet picture of the kids watching TV together after we picked-up Brody from school on Tuesday! Jillian really misses him while he is gone! 


Wednesday was a laid-back day around here! We made pancakes for breakfast and stayed in our pajamas until noon! I need a day like that ever once in a while! 


Jillian kept trying to get Brody to eat an entire raw egg. Thankfully he was smart enough not to bite into it! :) 


Sweet Jillian stamped Brody's closet door with our return address stamp on Wednesday. It took us quite a while to get it off the door. Thank you hairspray and magic eraser! 


I've been drinking out of this coffee mug the past couple of weeks and now the kids ask for me to drink out of it every morning. They love all the Disney characters on it. I got this at Disney World when I was in the 4th grade! My parents have had it in their cabinet and were nice enough to move it with them 3 times without throwing it out. I finally took it back from them a few months ago. It's fun to have something from one of my childhood vacations! 


I didn't know that Walmart was selling Great American Cookies cookie dough until this week. That was probably a good thing. You don't want to know how many of these I have eaten since Wednesday! They are SO good!!


I made chocolate chip scones on Thursday morning for breakfast with a couple of ladies I work with at church. They are SO good and SO easy! I shared the recipe in this post a while back if you want to try them! You could substitute blueberries for chocolate chips if you would like.  


 Our kids are so funny! They fight all the time, yet are still best friends. They can be hugging one minute and hitting each other the next. You just never know. This was an attempt at a picture of the two of them this morning. They started fighting when I asked them to stand beside each other! Jillian may be a girl and 2 years younger, but she doesn't need any help defending herself. She is a scrappy fighter. Ha! I'm so thankful our kids get to experience life with a sibling! 


I hope you all have a great weekend! 

3 comments:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Precious pictures! I will have to try the scones. Your pumpkin chocolate chip are my favorite muffins now and I love scones.

Dina said...

I love the sequence of pictures at the end! So funny.

Jennifer said...

Your kids are too cute!

Would you mind posting your sloppy joe recipe again (or emailing it to me)? It used to be posted on a post back from February 2010, but it's not there anymore. It was the only sloppy joe recipe we have liked and I can't find the print out I made of it.

Thanks!