Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Funday

Let's just go ahead and set the record straight....I rarely cook breakfast for my family. My idea of cooking breakfast includes some combination of a Nutrigrain bar, yogurt, fruit and oatmeal. Not terrible, but definitely NOT homemade.

Today, I made an exception! We had a rare Monday morning at home from school and MDO thanks to the holiday, so I decided to whip-up Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas from SkinnyTaste.com for breakfast. It was so good and healthy!

This little boy was up at 5:15, so I went ahead and got up and let him help me make it. And no, his pajamas do not match. He picked them out himself. :)


Women's Bible studies begin at our church campus this week, which means I have been super busy getting things ready to go for the 5 new studies we are offering this spring! Since 3 of the studies kick-off tomorrow, I desperately needed to work today. These little cuties tagged along with me for a couple of hours at the office. 

They look thrilled! :)


This afternoon, I gave my desk chair a quick makeover. I bought this chair at a local thrift store this fall for $20. It had been repainted the yellow and had the cute black and white stripped seat cushion. I really loved the look of the chair, but the black and white just didn't match the colors in our kitchen. I recovered the chair with green cross section fabric from Hob Lob. For only $5 and 5 minutes of my time I was able to get a a much brighter look for this chair. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out! 


Here is my little office nook in our kitchen. I really like it, especially on days like today when I have a lot of computer work to do. I can stay close to the kids and still get things done. And yes, my empty coffee cup from this morning is still out on my desk this afternoon. Ha! 


I hope you all have had a great Monday! 


5 comments:

emily said...

I love the chair make over!!

Your kiddos are precious!

Sarah said...

Can't wait for a new home tour!! That office nook is great!!!

Breanna said...

Wow! You are one talented Mama! I absolutely love that chair...was it hard to do? That little office nook is so cute and cozy, and your kiddos are adorable as always. Have a great week! :)

Linds said...

I love how clean your desk is... our desk/computer armoire is a disaster.

Nancy said...

You REALLY have it all together. I love your craftiness.
I wish we lived in Arkansas!