Sunday, January 20, 2013

kids' artwork display

I found an old wooden picture frame at a local thrift store last year. It was just an open frame, so I got it for super cheap. I wish I had a before picture, but I can't find one so I'm not sure I ever took one. That old wooden frame is now a kids' artwork display in our playroom/guest room. A few coats of Valspar spray paint in Silver Fox and some floral wire completely transformed this into something that the kids can use to proudly display their latest creations. 


I had some little clothespins that I bought a while back from Hobby Lobby. They perfectly hold all of the artwork to the wire. 


This frame has served other a few other purposes over the last year.

I painted it pink to display Jillian's monthly pictures at her 1st birthday party. It was so fun to see all her monthly pictures displayed in one place!

1st birthday party decorations

I painted it grey for a modern pink and grey themed baby shower. We used it to display a few weekly pictures and ultrasound photos. So sweet! 

pink and grey baby shower

I painted it green to use to display a "Happy Birthday" sign cut out from a Circuit at Brody's 3 year old golf themed party last fall. 

happy birthday sign

I'm not much of a thriftier, but I have been pleased with the many uses of this thrifted wooden frame! :)


This week's challenge is "thrift it"! I would love for you to share something you have thrifted. Just add it to the linky party below and it will show-up on all 9 blogs participating in the party! 
Happy Monday! 

9 comments:

Katie said...

Cute idea! I did this with Reese's ornaments last Christmas, but I've never thought about displaying artwork!

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

Great way to re-use & re-purpose!! I love the idea of using it to display artwork!! So cute!

Carrie Davis said...

This is such a cute idea! I like it because you can switch out the artwork/photos as time goes by. Would you mind to link this up to my blog hop? It fits in perfectly with our Frugal and crafty theme. Thanks!
http://carriethishome.com/2013/01/blog-hop/

Carrie Davis said...

Thank you, Jennifer!!!

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

I love that this frame just keeps on giving! Such a fun way to recycle over and over again. Great project.

Mandy Rose said...

Great idea Jennifer! My kids love when I display their artwork so I may just have to go get a few of those old frames in my closet and make some of these! We have art displayed in the playroom, but this would be a great way to add it to their bedrooms!! LOVE it!

Ashley Paige said...

This is so much more my speed, LOL! I love it.. such a great idea and I love anything I can spray paint!! We have an artwork "wire" that we clothespin drawings and paintings to but I would love to update the playroom with some fun frames!

The Remodeled Life said...

Love all the uses you have gotten out of this! Great ideas!! Thanks for hosting the linky parties - so much fun!

Rox said...

Now THAT'S what I call re-thrifting!

Thanks for hosting the party!

Roxana @ fourelevenroxialoodyn 84