Sunday, January 27, 2013

fabric rosette bookmark

This idea came from a tutorial I pinned on Pinterest a while back. I am in charge of crafts for our local MOPS group and actually used this as one of our monthly craft projects. 



The rosette is made out of fabric and hot glued to a giant paper clip. It can be used as a book mark or to hold together stacks of papers, bills, mail, etc.

To make this project, you need:

  • A large paper clip (I bought the giant paper clips at Office Depot. They came in a pack of 5 for only $2.50.)
  • Fabric scrap cut 2 inches wide by 18 inches long
  • Hot glue gun with a couple extra hot glue stick

To make these, you need to first make a fabric rosette. I watched this vlog to learn how to make the rosettes. They were very easy to make! 
Once you have your rosette made, you just hot glue it to the paper clip. 

These are super easy and inexpensive to make (about 65 cents each). These would even make a great little gift to give! 

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for our "Make It" Linky Party!! Come share your Pinterest projects with us & be inspired by others!! It can be a craft, DIY project, and/or recipe.

If you link up on just ONE of our blogs, your project will be see on all NINE sites!! So, get those projects completed & get your posts ready!!

5 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

this is SO stinkin' cute, I love it!!! now, if I only had time to read....

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

So cute!! And your right, these would make great little gifts!!

I'm loving your little blog makeover too!! Looks great!

Amy said...

Love these! I have been dying to take a day off work soon to get my craft on and these will definitely be on the list. Perfect for book club!

The Remodeled Life said...

This is so cute! These could be great little gifts! Thanks for sharing and for hosting the linky party!

Mandy Rose said...

You know I'm now obsessed since I ADORE roses! :) Probably gonna have to make these now. Love the new blog look!!