Thursday, January 17, 2013

Brodyisms

I don't think there is a day that goes by that Brody doesn't say something that makes me laugh so hard I almost cry. He is so cleaver and witty, and honestly, he doesn't even realize it. These are just a few of the things he has said lately. 

 I have my own stash of snacks that I keep in the pantry. The kids have tons of snacks to choose from, but they always seem to want my snacks. I told Brody he couldn't have a fiber bar the other day and he said, "Boys marry girls and then the boy gets to eat the girl's snacks. You need to share."


Brody has a classmate that is diabetic. When she feels like her blood sugar is low, she tells the teacher that she is low and needs the nurse to come check her levels. Brody has apparently caught-on to this. He tried to get out of taking a nap the other day by telling his teacher that he was feeling low and needed to see the nurse. We had to have a little talk about this on the way home!


Brody has started making the association that disobedience is sin, and that our sin is the reason Jesus died on the cross. The other day Jillian disobeyed and Brody said, "Jillian, you just made Jesus die on the cross again". 4 year old theology!


We were riding in the car the other morning and Brody asked, "where is God?"  I replied, "He is everywhere!" Brody said, "I think he is moving a little too fast if he gets to be everywhere".


Brody and I were talking the other night before he went to bed. He told me he was going to marry a beautiful girl named Jennifer when he grew-up. I said, "Oh you are going to marry mommy"? He said, "No, I'm going to marry a really, really beautiful girl named Jennifer. You just aren't that beautiful". Thanks for the self-esteem boost, precious child! 


Josh took Brody to a public men's restroom the other day while we were out shopping. When Brody walked out he said, "Momma, that bathroom smelled so bad that it almost made me throw-up and go bananas." 

I think 4 has been my favorite age so far with Brody. He really is such a funny, sweet boy. We are so thankful that he is ours! 


16 comments:

Amber said...

I love hearing about the funny things kids say. God love them!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, those are just hilarious! He is too precious. You have two little funny kids on your hands!

Alex and Jill said...

I am laughing out loud! Him telling Jillian that she just made Jesus die on the cross again. That's good stuff right there. He's hilarious! Love him.

Meme Stueckle said...

His theology comment, Hilarious!!

Rachel said...

Love this!! He is one funny boy :)

lifewiththebs said...

So cute! It's good that we have blogs so we can keep record of all this stuff they say.

Linds said...

oh my goodness. Hilarious!

Laura said...

This is too funny! I need to capture more of my little one's comments.

Elenie Counts said...

He is such a doll! So funny!

MLBarajas said...

Hilarious!

Kathryn said...

Out of the mouths of babes!! Those are classic and funny all at the same time!!

Not So Newlyweds said...

Oh my gosh! He is a riot!!

Dina said...

So funny!!!! He's too cute!

Catie said...

Hilarious! I needed that laugh this morning :)

The Crowder Family said...

Too funny! Brody is adorable and hilarious--the boy is going to be a heartbreaker for sure!
I just love reading your blog and following you on Instagram. Your family is precious! Thanks for the laughs this morning!

Brooke said...

The Brodyism posts are my favorite posts! I need to get my Francis family fix in the near future and see you guys!