Sunday, December 16, 2012

our weekend


Friday night, we had our church staff Christmas party! 

Josh dressed-up like Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It was a sight. I'm not even for sure what else to say about it! ;) He had on the black socks and wing tips with it, but I just can't bring myself to show y'all the entire outfit! Ha! 


A group picture...isn't this a great looking church staff/spouses? :)


Saturday, we did a little Christmas shopping! Jillian is really attached to her rain boots right now and asked if she could wear them out while we shopped. I didn't let her, but I did take a picture of her outfit with rain boots before we left the house. 


Sunday morning we went to church. After church was over, we realized Jillian wasn't feeling very good. She had a fever (we didn't send her with fever) and seemed like she was kind of miserable. We assumed she just had a cold, or that she was feeling bad from teething. Her 2 year molars are still coming in and have made her kind of fussy. 


After lunch, we took her to the walk-in clinic. After a quick strep swab, the doctor confirmed that little sis has strep throat! Poor girl! It looks like we caught it early and she already seems to be feeling better from the antibiotic tonight. I'm hoping she kept the strep to herself. :) That wouldn't be too fun for all of us to pass around right before Christmas!  

 Sunday afternoon, I went to a Sip and See for one of my sweet college friends who had twin girls in October! Amy lives in central Arkansas, but her in-laws live here in Fayetteville, so they had a sip and see at their house for all of their local friends to come meet the girls. 

I was so happy to finally get to see these precious girls and their momma! Amy is holding Madeline and I am holding Katherine. 


Maddie and Kate were tired after lots of love and attention this afternoon. I just love these sweet girls and their sweet momma! 


I hope you all had a great weekend! 

6 comments:

LME said...

Our family passed around strep throat the week before Christmas last year and it is not fun. I hope Jillian starts feeling better and the rest of you stay well!

Superchikk said...

Um, LOVE those rain boots! I think Honor is going to need some for the spring! I hope JK is better very soon and that she kept that stuff to herself!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

That picture is hysterical! I laughed so hard when I saw it on Instagram. Cute dress on Jillian! Precious babies - I just love to see my friends and their babies! Hope Jillian feels better soon and that Brody stays well.

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend!!!!! :)

Jess Norden said...

Fun weekend (and outfits)!! Strep is not fun...poor thing :( I hope she feels better and everyone else stays healthy!! :)

nicole@http://theclarks-nicole.blogspot.com/ said...

Where in the world do you get her clothes. Those are so adorable!!!