Monday, December 24, 2012

our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe


Picture of Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
photo from foodnetwork.com

If you have read our blog since the beginning, you might remember that 4 years ago at Christmastime, I baked 1,800 (150 dozen!!) homemade chocolate chip cookies for my dad's clients Christmas gifts. These cookies were boxed and hand delivered throughout the month on December.

 The fact that I baked 1,800 cookies in a 2 week time period is crazy enough, but the fact that I did this while caring and nursing 8 week old Brody is even crazier!! :) It really was so fun and something I will always remember about that Christmas season! 

These cookies are baked OFTEN at our house and are always baked right around Christmas! They are great to share with family, neighbors, or even left out for Santa. Oh, and don't forget the milk! ;)

This recipe requires that you hand mix all the ingredients. I think it makes a difference in the texture of the cookies! I don't think I will use a hand-mixed recipe if I am ever to bake 1,800 cookies again! Ha! I did build some muscle though! :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Original recipe from foodnetwork.com)

1/2 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (12 oz) bag of chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda

Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. (Don't skip lining the pans. I promise it makes a difference) 
Melt butter in microwave-safe bowl. Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. 
Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon. (Sometimes Josh has to help because it gets really thick)
Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop tablespoons of dough onto prepared pans. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans, Bake until golden, but soft in center. 12-15 minutes. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool.  


4 comments:

Kodi said...

I totally remember! I'm cracking up that you just said it was "fun". :)

Lindsey said...

I am going to try this one out. I have a "go to" recipe but it is nothing special. Thanks for posting this one.

Nancy said...

I must try this!!

Brittany said...

We got a box if cookies from a construction co and I thought of you!