Thursday, October 25, 2012

1st Parent/Teacher Conference

Josh and I attended our first Parent/Teacher Conference for Brody this week! I still cannot believe we have a  child old enough for preschool. :)

Brody's teacher was so sweet and encouraging during our conference! She told us all that Brody is doing and learning at school. She also told us some of his favorite things to do in class. We had a great visit with her. We just love Brody's teacher so much and we are so thankful that the Lord blessed us with such a sweet, patient, and loving person to take care of our boy while he is at school. 

Brody loves her so much, too! I think he even compares me to her sometimes. We went to the store a couple of weeks ago and I had on workout clothes. Brody looked me up and down as we were walking into the store and he said, "I bet Mrs. ____ wears her pretty clothes to the store." Nice! :) 

After conference was over, I got to spend the day with just Brody since school was out and since Jillian was at MDO. I told him we could do anything he wanted because it was his special day!

He requested a trip to the mall! We first went to the toy store. He could look at these trucks all day long! 



Then a stop by the candy store for a few jelly beans.



Then lunch at his favorite restaurant. 



I enjoyed our day together so much! We are SO proud of Brody and so thankful we get to be his parents. He is such a joy and such a blessing to us! 

5 comments:

Sarah Wyland said...

He's getting so big - and so handsome!

Katie said...

Hilarious about his teacher wearing "pretty clothes!" Love that!

Carroll said...

So sweet! What a fun day to spend together. :)

Gebelik said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
Gebelik

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love time with just one kid. It seems so easy! That is so funny about the teacher wearing pretty clothes. HA! Brody always looks sharp - maybe he has eye for these things.