Monday, September 17, 2012

Jillian’s Birthday

Since Jillian’s birthday fell on {what was supposed to be} a big game day for Arkansas, we celebrated her birthday last weekend with a party with a few close friends. Saturday, her actual birthday, we just celebrated with our families at our house.

Jillian woke-up to a room full of 24 pink balloons!

DSC_0155 (640x428)

These were obviously a big hit with the birthday girl!

DSC_0157 (640x428)

We got dressed and the four of us headed out for birthday donuts.  The birthday girl in her “Birthday Girl” shirt!

IMG_3894

At lunchtime, my parents, Josh’s parents and my sister and Brandon came over for Jillian’s birthday lunch. I made chili and everyone had the choice of chili, chili dogs or Frito chili pies. It’s was the perfect pre-game, rainy-day meal!

The kids in their Razorback coordinating outfits!

DSC_0126 (428x640)

Jillian requested a Princess cake for her birthday.

DSC_0131 (640x428)

DSC_0132 (640x428)

Checking out the cake while we sang “Happy Birthday’!

DSC_0137 (640x428)

The four of us!

DSC_0143 (640x428)

Enjoying her birthday cake!

DSC_0150 (640x428)

Josh and I went to the game while the kids napped and Josh’s parents stayed with them. We left the game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I don’t think I have ever left a game that early…ever, but the game was over at that point. We made it home before they woke-up. We spent the evening just hanging out at home. We let the birthday girl choose what she wanted to eat and Josh picked it up for us. It was a perfect, quiet night at home with our kiddos.

For the next 18 days we have a 3 year old and a 2 year old. Thhen it’s birthday time again at our house!!!

4 comments:

Summer said...

She is so gorgeous! She looks so so much like you! I love her big hairbows and cute outfits! The coordinating outfits that Jillian and Brody have on are so stinkin' cute! Brody is becoming such a big boy! He's so handsome! I love this post and by the look of her face she loved her cake and eating it too lol! I haven't been on blogger much so I really enjoyed this and catching up, wow you really do blink and then Jillian is two woah! Well enjoy the craziness of a two and three year old in the same house eeeeeek lol, it's such a blessing! love ya girl
Sums

Lianna Knight said...

PRECIOUS!! I loved your previous post too...and I have to share that I cried a little just reading the sweet words you said about your baby girl.

Lynsey said...

Precious! I love the balloons in her room that she woke up too and you have such a beautiful family!

Faith said...

Y'all are just the cutest little family!!