Sunday, September 30, 2012

Compassion Center Fashion Show

Our church's Compassion Center celebrated its One Year Anniversary this weekend. The Compassion Center is a ministry of our church that is part thrift store and part financial assistance for those in our community in need. 

As part of the one year celebration, they hosted a fashion show to model clothing for sale at The Compassion Center. They asked staff from our 3 campuses to model, so I was in the fashion show along with Jillian Kate. 

Before we left the house last night, I asked Jillian to show me how she was going to pose. This is what she showed me. Oh my! I didn't even know she could make these faces until last night. 


Jillian modeled some cute Carter pieces, and I modeled a French Connection dress that was new with tags. There are lots of cute items donated to the Compassion Center. 


Jillian was quite the little ham during the show! I carried her out, but she insisted I put her down when we got to the end of the little runway. As soon as I put her down she started posing just like she did in the top pictures. She was making all kinds of funny faces, including her very familiar "surprise face". :)


Jillian continues to show us her very funny personality. Josh and I were cooking dinner Friday night and heard silverware clanking together. Josh quickly went to check on the kids, who were playing in Brody's room. He found Jillian chasing after Brody with two meat serving forks that she had snuck out of the drawer in the kitchen. We were glad she didn't poke him (or herself) with them, but we couldn't help but laugh at the craziness of the situation. 

Later that night we saw her run into the kitchen, grab a plastic spoon (a no-no spoon) and run back to Brody's room. We then heard her pop Brody and say, "Don't hurt me! Go to time out!" Apparently she was taking discipline into her own hands. We don't use time-out, but they do at her MDO, so I guess she knows about it from experience. :) 

Needless to say, this girl keeps us on our toes! 

Hope you all had a great weekend! 

11 comments:

Maryellen said...

She looks like Pippi Longstockings with her pigtails. So cute.
A shame she is so shy huh? hah

Jodi said...

Jillian is adorable! Looks like the fashion show was a lot of fun. What a great idea!

Randi said...

she is just too cute!! love those faces and her little piggie tales!

Katie said...

So cute! Your mom was telling me about the fashion show this morning. Glad it went well!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Miss Sassy!!

Desiree Lynn said...

Haha such personality! It amazes me how little ones learn such things.

Amy said...

What a doll!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh you girls looked so cute! I can't believe the little pony tails! And she looks JUST like Brody in that last pic! Do you think so??

Perfectly Imperfect said...

she is cracking me up with those poses! her and my little one would be the best of friends. they sure know how to work that personality!!

E said...

Hi there. I read your blog often, but never comment. Praying for you as you comfort Julee and her family.

Erin in Wa State

Erin said...

ohhh the modeling is soo cute!!