Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our Week in iPhone Pictures

At some point I am going to get back into a normal blogging schedule! I just can’t seem to find the time during the week right now to blog daily about things going on around here! :) Here is a quick recap of the past few days!

Josh left early Sunday morning to go out of town for the week for work. He has traveled quite a bit this summer! Since May he has gone to San Francisco, Los Angeles, NYC, and Philadelphia. This week he went back to San Fran and LA for the 2nd time this summer.

IMG_4007

I’m a little jealous of this view, but I know he had a busy week seeing customers and no time for fun, so that makes me feel a little less bitter. ;) We are SO happy he is coming home tonight!!!

While he has been away we have stayed very busy!!

We went to sweet Taylor’s birthday party on Sunday evening! It was such a cute rainbow themed party. I think it’s safe to say Jillian loved the cupcake!

IMG_3893

Monday, Brody went to school and Jillian tagged along with me to work.  I started part-time on our church staff this spring as the Director of Women’s Ministries. I mainly work from home, but I do try to pop into the office a couple of times a week. I need to do a blog post about it when I get a chance. It’s been such a neat journey and such a huge blessing! I love that I get to be a momma and work in ministry! It’s perfect for our family and the season we are in right now with two little ones. I’m so thankful for the opportunity!

Since this week was the kick-off of Women’s Bible studies, I had a busy few days. Monday, I finished a lot of last minute details at church, then ran a few errands. One stop included Lifeway Bookstore to pick-up a few more Bible study books for Tuesday. Jillian was memorized by Veggie Tales while I shopped. She didn’t move the entire time we were there. :)

IMG_4216

Tuesday was a very busy day! We have 4 Women’s Bible studies on our campus on Tuesdays. Since I oversee them all, I spent most of my day at church. We started a new evening study this semester for working women, so I am leading that on Tuesday evenings. Here is the great group of almost 50 women who came for the study the first night!

IMG_4775 (1)

Wednesday was pretty much hilarious!! About 10 crazy things happened with the kids. It was so awful and equally hilarious that I think it deserves it’s own blog post this weekend! It was possibly the most disgusting day I’ve had as a mom as far as things I had to clean-up! :) I’m seriously SO happy Josh is on his way home!

A couple other things not related to our week…a couple that we have led small group with over the past year had a baby last week that is in the NICU. Stacey had a placental abruption last Wednesday and Olivia was delivered at almost 35 weeks. They believe Olivia was without oxygen for about 10 minutes. She is doing well, but there are still some unknowns.  Stacey has been doing some short daily updates here on their blog. Please join me in praying for this family and sweet baby!

Also, since a few of you had questions about the dresser, I will do a blog post about that soon. I’m not expert by any means, but will at least share how we did it. 

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

Serah said...

Congrats on the new job! I would love to hear more about it as I'm the Director of Women's Ministry at our church, too, on a very part-time basis. Please do a post soon!

Praying for you! Ministry isn't for the weak, as I'm quickly learning!

Megan said...

I saw on FB that you were working part time but at the risk of looking like a stalker I decided to not say anything. Sounds like its a great opportunity and setup for your family! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Linds said...

oh my gosh. I had no idea about Stacey... thanks so much for telling us!

Siân said...

I have followed your blog for a while now and really enjoy reading it. It's fun to read that your husband is in LA this week - that's where we live! We have a private blog but if you are interested, I can email you an invitation? Your new job sounds exciting - I' just preparing for our first women'd bible study in the Fall we are studying Mark and using Tim Kellor's book King's Cross...

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Congratulations on your new job! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I know you are blessing so many! They are blessed to have you! Yay for Hubby being home! Hope y'all are having a great week so far!