Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy Friday!

I'm so glad it's Friday! A few random things I wanted to share with you...

1. I'm sure you noticed a few little changes around our blog! I'm SO happy with the way everything turned out and love the new, simple look and soft colors that we have going on now. Leslie, from Sweetie Baby's Designs, did this super cute makeover! She is so accommodating and easy to work with during the design process. I just love working with her! She is offering you all 20% off any blog makeover package that your purchase between now and Wednesday, August 1st. Use the code FRANCIS20 and checkout to get the discount!

2. I walked out into our backyard one day this week and was greeted by Brody's clothes and underwear. I knew that wasn't a good sign because it meant he was running around the backyard comepletley naked. Sure enough, I found him playing with the water hose and water faucet wearing nothing. Hilarious little guy!



3. I made this Brownie Batter Dip this week for our small group. Do yourself a favor and make it! You will not be disappointed!! I might have taken a spoon to this dip after small group! :)



Brownie Batter Dip (Originally posted on Something Swanky)
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 2-3 c. powdered sugar (varies by desired consistency)
  • 5 tbsp. of all purpose flour
  • 5 tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp. milk (varies by desired consistency)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
In a stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and the butter. Add powdered sugar and milk slowly. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Whisk all until smooth.


4. I shared this picture on Instagram this week, but wanted to share it on here as well. Brody wanted to put tattoos on us last Sunday night. Jillian looks like she is either hardcore, or she is mortified that we made her pose with a tattoo. :) 


5. Since Brody and Jillian's birthdays are only 18 days apart, their birthday parties will only be 3 weeks apart this fall. I'm trying to get a head-start on a party decorations, so I've been working some on Jillian's party this week. We are not going all-out by any means this year, but I do want to have a few cute things at each party. These are the colors for Jillian's party. I love that they are so bright and fun! 


6. This is our last weekend with no plans, no parties, no showers, and no activities for a few months! I can't believe it!! The fall is my favorite time of year, but the weekends are always so packed full of fun things to do! I'm looking forward to a low-key weekend with my 3 favorite people! 


I hope you all have a great weekend! 

7 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

Did you mean to say he was playing with "hoes"naked in the backyard? Funny!

Brittany said...

Like your new blog design. Glad you posted your brownie dip, I was going to ask you for the recipe! It was soo good with the strawberries and pretzels!

Karen At Home said...

Love the new blog design!! I can't wait to see the decorations for Jillian's party, the colors you chose are so pretty.

Enjoy a relaxing weekend with your sweet family!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Love the new look. I will contact Leslie this week. Dip looks amazing! Colors are so fun for Jillian's party. Is she really turning 2? I feel like she was just born.

A Lovely Vintage Life said...

What a fun post! Brady is so funny! He knew the natural way of cooling off didn't he!

That Brownie Dip sounds dangerous! I love brownies so much I want to marry them! I will pick a thick & moist brownie any day over the most glamorous desserts!

I also love the colors you picked out for Jillian's b-day.They look like happiness! Which all birthday parties should be about! I also LOVE the Fall too & it always amazes me how quickly it passes.I've been reading your blog for awhile and finally got my own blog & blogger i.d. Please stop by & chat when you get a chance. Have a lovely Day! Ivy Jane

Emily said...

I saw the dip on Instagram--I'm glad you posted the recipe! Looks yummy! You guys are so cute! Love the tattoo pic!

Marciparrott said...

Jenn- you look SO TINY in your pic!!