Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Backpack Rack

Our garage is right off of the laundry room, so the laundry room at our house become the “catch-all” for my purse, the kids backpacks, and anything else we carry inside from the car. Our bags usually ended-up in a pile on the floor or piled-up on the dryer. Honestly, they were driving me crazy and taking up too much space when I did laundry. Josh came-up with this quick, easy solution that solved my bag clutter issue! :)

DSC_0007 (428x640)

We had this random board from another project just laying in our garage. I bought a $5 sample can of aqua paint at Lowe’s. Those samples sizes are the perfect for small projects. The hooks are from Hobby Lobby. They were 50% off so I only spent about $2 total on them. I also bought a hanging kit. The entire project was about $10.

DSC_0002 (640x376)

You could make this project way cuter by painting a design on the board (like chevron) or choosing colorful knobs or hooks. I also know you can buy racks similar to this, but I think it ended-up being cheaper for us to make it since we already had the board.

Hope you are having a great afternoon!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

So cute!

Amy said...

Such a good idea, I think I'm going to try it!

Amy
http://www.theadamsfamily-amy.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

So cute-what a great idea!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Super cute and great idea! I had a similar shelf/hanger near our front door in our last house but I don't have it up in the new house yet, laundry room is a great idea too, we go through ours to get to the garage too :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

And you know I love aqua/turquoise! ;)

Laura said...

Such a cute idea! I wish I was that creative.

Katie said...

So cute, Jennifer! Love the color, too!

AKat said...

CUTE!!

momMYsliceoflife said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the laundry room turning into a dumping ground. I told my husband recently that in our next house I do NOT want to garage to open into the laundry room! Love your solution!

Erin and Ryan said...

Looks cute! I love having hooks in our mudroom -- so much gets thrown up on them :)

Erikita said...

I have similar racks hanging on the wall space but i have one on top (for adults) and one right underneath it (at my 5 year olds eye level). It functions x 2 and no wasted wall space. Plus, I dont worry about being the only one that can hang up the kid's bags...they can reach it on their own!

Julie Rogers said...

Cute idea----the clutter with kids can make one go crazy, right?? Reading for awhile, but just followed!!!

-Julie
http://www.thechirpingmoms.com