Monday, June 25, 2012

Brodyisms

As challenging as 3-years-old has been for us, it has been one of my favorite ages because of all the funny things Brody says on a daily basis! I've been trying to do a better job of writing down some of the funny things he says so that I can remember them years from now.


We were in a hurry at bath time a few weeks ago, so we put both kids in the shower. Brody loves to take a shower, but Jillian hated it. I'm not even sure hate is a strong enough word. She was hysterical! Josh made a comment about how Brody was a big fan of the shower and Brody quickly replied with, "Yeah, and Jillian is a small fan of the shower!"


We were leaving the house a couple of weeks ago and I told Brody he needed to change out of his play shorts into some nice shorts. By nice shorts, I meant a pair of his khaki or plaid shorts. He looked at me really confused and said, "Are these play shorts my mean shorts?" :)


We were in the car one day recently and he randomly said, "God gave me Jillian. She was a gift from Him. Remember when I opened up that birthday present and there she was? It was when God gave her to me for my birthday." She was born just a couple of weeks before his 2nd birthday, so maybe he thinks she was a birthday present! Ha!


Josh and I were on the couch the the other night watching TV after the kids went to bed. Brody got up to use the bathroom and came into the living room to see what we were doing. The conversation went like this:
Brody: Hey, what are y'all doing?
Me: We are about to watch a TV show. You need to go back to bed.
Brody: I want to be a part of the "we" and watch with y'all!


Brody really loves mail right now! He loves to check the mail each day and he gets really excited when he receives mail. One thing he likes to do is "read" the mail that we get each day. He "reads" it, then at the end, he always says, "Glacias, Brave Warrior." I love hearing him say, glacias instead of gracias, and I love that he thinks everyone signs their letters with, "Gracias, Brave Warrior." 


We love our funny boy so very, very much!! 


9 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh I need to see that little man soon! The TV comment has to be my favorite...he is a hoot!

Lauren & Eddie said...

These are hysterical! I've been typing some of James' funny comments into my notes app on my phone lately. The things that come out of these little mouths! They really listen to everything! I call James my Amelia Bedelia because he takes EVERYTHING literally. (i.e., nice shorts/mean shorts!) Hilarious!

Courtney said...

These are too funny! You definitely need to keep track of more Brodyisms!

sloandefyinggravity said...

The Glacias, Brave Warrior has got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

Brittany said...

I love it! I have been missing my Brodyisms. He is so sweet!

Leslie said...

Those are hilarious!! I think my favorite is the tv comment too! Cute lil' guy!! Thanks for sharing :)

Rachel said...

These are all TOO cute! He is such a sweet little man!

Julie Rogers said...

So cute---we are loving our three year old right now too! Where did he get Brave Warrior, that's too cute?!?!

-Julie
http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

autumn23 said...

What a funny boy! Those made me laugh out loud! :)