Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wheelchair Rides

While at the anniversary party on Saturday, I heard a little familiar voice saying, "Go faster! Go faster!" When I looked up this is what I saw...


Yes, that is our child catching a ride around the fellowship hall on the back of a motorized wheelchair! 

I almost died. Seriously, I think I started having heart palpitations. My first thought was that this women (who Josh, Brody and I had never seen until this party) had no idea that Brody was cruising around on the back of her chair.  I soon realized she did know and she had been the one who offered him a ride. :) She told us her grandchildren love riding on the back, so she knew Brody would have fun! Before long Jillian was in her lap enjoying rides as well. 

I didn't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed that my kids were insisting on riding circles around the party! This chair could go really fast at it's highest speed and at one point I thought Brody was going to fly off the back! Ha! 

They had a great time and she was so sweet to let the kids ride as many times as they wanted to around the room! She even let Brody honk the horn! :) 

Here is a little video of the fun. Nothing says "Happy Anniversary" like a little craziness with Brody as the mastermind! 

13 comments:

Superchikk said...

That is hilarious and SO Brody!

Lauren said...

Oh my word, HILARIOUS!!!!!!! :)

Lindsey said...

This just made my morning!! HILARIOUS!!! If it makes you feel better... something like this would happen to me with my two boys. They are always into something.

Ashley said...

That is so funny, hilarious! So sweet of that lady.

Kyndal said...

Love it! Who could resist giving a ride to your two cutie pies? :)

Cora said...

This made me laugh so hard!! I am sure my coworkers think I am crazy!

Linds said...

oh. my. word. HILARIOUS!

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! I'm laughing out loud so hard......... LOVE this!

Jennifer said...

.....and I just watched Brody's "Make them Cry" video on youtube.....oh dear goodness...he sounds JUST like my 3(almost 4) year old. =) I laughed so hard....I love that you laughed as well...haha! Kids say the craziest things!

Sarah-Anne said...

so precious!

Julie said...

That's just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Kauffman said...

Before my father in law died he had MS that had him in a motorized wheelchair. He also gave kids rides and they loved it (so did he!). I have been sad lately that my daughter (20 months) will never get to ride with him. Glad your kiddos had fun!

Jen S. said...

This is so funny to watch! Brody cracks me up! :)