Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend at Home

This was the first weekend since the end of April where all 4 of us were home together for the entire weekend. We were thankful for a little down time!

Friday, the kids and I had a fun day at home. There weather has been nice so I have been running a lot. It’s quite the workout to push 95lbs (35lb stroller with 60lbs of cuteness) while running!! Surely I am burning some serious calories, right? ;) Our run Friday was very adventurous! We were running on a trail by our house and a snake crawled out in front of the stroller. Pretty sure I sprinted the rest of the run! We may be done with the trail until the fall.

IMG_5230

Saturday, we went to a birthday party for our friend, Grayson!

DSC_0005 (429x640)

The kids loved the pizza at the party!

DSC_0012 (640x428)

And of course, they loved the adorable cookies that Holly made. Brody told me today that “Parker’s mom was a good cooker.” He loves Holly’s cookies! :)

DSC_0016 (640x428)

The birthday boy and his adorable tractor cake!

DSC_0021 (640x428)

After the party, we hung out and grilled with a few couples from church. Our kids loved this four-wheeler and were so cute riding together!

IMG_5785

We went to church Sunday morning! Jillian was such a little ham for pictures!

IMG_7412

After lunch, Brody and I met my mom and sister to shop for furniture for  my parents’ house. We kept finding Brody in random places around the store watching a movie on Jill’s phone. My favorite is the picture of him on the pink bed!

IMG_3267

Sunday night, our friend Xuan came by to visit! The kids always love when she comes over and Josh and I do as well!

DSC_0025 (640x428)

I hope you all have a great week! This is our last week of MDO and then it’s officially summer at our house!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Such a fun weekend! I love weekends at home like that! And I'm always impressed that you have time to take pictures before church!!

michelle ellis said...

Fun! I love your dress!

Team Alix said...

Hi Jennifer - What kind of double jogger do you use? I noticed the cup holders and realized that isn't generally an option for joggers but what a great idea! Thanks!-Laura

Karen said...

Where did you get Jillian's striped jumper? It is adorable.

Jennifer said...

Laura-We have a BOB Dullie and we love it!!

Karen- The romper is from JC Penny!

Julie said...

So are you ready to pass out after running with the double??? I have the same with the same ages (almost!) and I am about ready to join a gym because it's EXHAUSTING! It's almost like pushing our body weight while running. What do you think???? But I do LOVE LOVE LOVE our BOB too-it's used almost as much as our car! Glad you had a fun weekend at home!

The Doughmestic Housewife said...

Thank you for the shout out!. I am always assured that if all of my customers quit placing orders you will always be there ordering cookies. Hahahaha.

Maydelin said...

Jillian is such a doll