Saturday, May 12, 2012

Brunch and Dinner Date

What a busy week we have had around our hosue! Josh was in California part of the week and I was busy with our kiddos as well as working on last minute details for Josh’s parents 50th wedding anniversary party that was today! I need to play catch-up on here with some pictures from the past few days, so here is a start…

Thursday morning, our pastor’s wife, Meredith, and I hosted a brunch for the widows that attend our church campus. We had such a fun morning with these precious ladies!

DSC_0009 (640x429)

Thursday night, Brody and I went to Mother-Son Date Knight at Chick-Fil-A! It was such a fun night! Brody and I tried to take a picture together before we left and Jillian wanted in the picture with us.

IMG_5292

Brody and the Princess cow!

DSC_0018 (428x640)

Sitting on the throne with 2 balloon swords!

DSC_0020 (428x640)

He took a break from playing outside to enjoy some ice cream!

DSC_0030 (640x428)

We had such a sweet night together! I loved having one-on-one time with our boy!

A couple of sweet things I want to remember about the night…when we got to CFA, he opened the door for me and said, “Ladies first”. I’m so proud of the little gentleman he is becoming. Then, we were outside eating ice cream and he got out of his chair and walked over and gave me a huge hug and smiled. He didn’t say a word, but I knew exactly what he was saying. On the way home for CFA, he told me he was my knight and I was his princess. A perfect ending to a great day!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Sarah Wyland said...

Already opening doors for ladies? What a little charming gentleman! Happy weekend!

Kelly said...

That is SO sweet about Brody!! You have been a BUSY BUSY girl - hope you get to rest tomorrow!

Julie said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile and your kids are SO stinking cute!!!! You can tell he is going to be a Southern gentleman when he already knows how to open doors for ladies-now he needs to come north and teach the real men how to do that!!!

Siân said...

That is just so sweet! Love your blog!

Tara G. said...

Little boys can make a mother's heart melt!! What precious memories to treasure in your heart!

Dianna said...

So sweet!