Monday, April 23, 2012

Walking on Eggshells

Our little early-riser left me a nice little surprise in the kitchen on Friday morning! I woke-up a little before 6:30 to Brody leaning over me telling me I needed to come clean-up the kitchen because he had dropped two eggs on the floor!!!

IMG_5687

I didn’t even know he was awake, much less in the kitchen just cracking eggs on the floor!! I jumped out of bed to find this mess in the kitchen. You can see in this picture that he had tried to clean up his mess with a paper towel! :)

IMG_3338

I have asked him numerous times what he was doing getting eggs out of the fridge. First, he told me he was baking a cake. Later on, he told me he was actually just playing and he thought he was playing with butter, but he instead he was playing with eggs.  This story makes absolutely not sense to me!! I asked him how he confused the butter with eggs. And why was he wanting to play with butter? Then, he told me he was taking the eggs out so he could feed our chicks. Too bad we don’t have any chicks and too bad our chicks don’t eat eggs. Ha!

I spent an hour cleaning this mess up! It’s tedious work to get tiny little egg shell pieces off of the floor! And egg had splattered everywhere…appliances, walls, door, cabinets, and drawers.  I think I have seriously mopped the floor 7 times since this happened and I still feel like it smells like eggs in our kitchen!

Brody and I had a little talk after this incident! I am confident this won’t happen again! :) I know this is something we will look back on and laugh…one day!  This boy keeps us on our toes, that’s for sure!

IMG_1243

And we couldn’t love him more!

14 comments:

Summer said...

Jennifer,
It has been so loooong since I have commented! My health has been crazy and I had to get a port for the chemo and I have just had a lot on me! I miss reading your blog it always makes me smile and sure enough you made me smile again! Sorry you had to clean up all that egg, I can only imagine how hard that was to get up, hey at least he tried to clean it up right ha and feed the chickens lol! I remember when I was little I got an egg out of the fridge and put it on the counter in the kitchen and played humpty dumpty I did that with 6 eggs, that was the last time I every did that lol, I got a loooong talk as well lol!

xoxo
ps Brody and Jillian are just to presh

Emily said...

Ohhh BRODY! LOL.

That is so horrible and funny at the same time. Where do these boys get their ornery? I'm blaming their dads. ;)

Karen At Home said...

Oh no Jen! Quite the early wake up call to clean your kitchen floors! I know you will look back on this and laugh:).

Theresa said...

Last year, my son cracked an entire dozen inside the fridge! He loves to help me bake and cracking eggs is his favorite part, but like you, I'm not quite sure what possessed him to just crack 'em all while no one was looking. We were just talking about it again the other day and it really is a funny story now :)

April said...

Haha!! He is too funny! I wonder if he was planning to make you breakfast in bed since he already knows how to make your coffee?!! hee hee!

Emily said...

Brody is so stinkin cute! How sweet that he was baking you guys a cake!

Linds said...

oh my gosh. How in the world do you keep your cool when he does stuff like that?!?! The things 3 year olds do :)

Elenie Counts said...

So funny! Chef Brody :)

Jeremy, Holly, Haven and Jovie said...

i was really sad recently when my daughter showed me how she can now open the fridge and freezer because I know that means a lot more work for me. i was hoping the suction would be too strong for her, but i guess at 3 years old she is at the right height to pull them open. we have had a lot of talks about the rules and making sure she closes the doors back all the way. i am glad to see her growing and maturing, but I wasn't looking forward to this milestone.

The Niemeyer Nest said...

That sounds like a big mess! Brody keeps life interesting just like Evie!

Lisa said...

use table salt on raw egg to clean easier!

~M~ said...

That is too funny!

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Sounds like a morning in my house!

http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

Tara G. said...

If you don't have it, you need your own copy of My Quotable Kid with a little boy in the house!! You can find it on Amazon. :)