Monday, April 30, 2012

Saturday Morning Fun

We decided to get out of the house early Saturday morning and try to fit a few fun activities in before afternoon nap time!

We headed to Rogers and decided to stop by Race for the Cure to see the Turners. Matt was doing a live show from the race finish line and Julee and Preslee were there  hanging out.

Jillian was amazed by all the runners and walkers!

DSC_0005 (640x428)

Daddy and his littlest girl!

DSC_0012 (640x428)

Jillian was so excited to see Preslee! A little best friend hug!

DSC_0014 (640x428)

Matt and P! So sweet!! She was dressed-up in her pink since she was on TV with her daddy!

DSC_0011 (640x428)

The 3 littles! It may be years before we get all 3 of them to smile and look at the camera at the same time!

DSC_0020 (640x428)

Love these 3!

DSC_0021 (640x428)

Jillian was determined to hold Preslee’s hand for pictures. :)

DSC_0025 (640x428)

Sweet boy! He melts my heart!

DSC_0029 (640x428)

After we stopped by a few stores, we headed to the Bentonville square for an early lunch! We ate at a really fun coffee bar/restaurant called Pressroom! Brody pretended to take our food order while we waited.

DSC_0036 (640x428)

We stopped by a few more places and then headed home so the kids could take naps…which they didn’t do because they fell asleep on the 30 minute drive home! Are your kids like that? If ours fall asleep in the car seats then nap time does not happen!

Happy First Anniversary to my sister and Brandon!!! It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since their wonderful wedding day!

IMG_0724

My mom texted me last night to tell me she was thawing out the top of Jill and Brandon’s wedding cake and OUR cake, too! We had a 5 week old on our first anniversary and the last thing on my mind was eating the top of our wedding cake, so I never went to get it from my parent’s house! :) I’m sure it’s really tasty 4.5 years later! Pretty sure I will not be taking a bite to find out! Ha!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

15 comments:

Summer said...

hahahaha Jennifer you made me laugh out loud! We still have the top of our wedding cake in the freezer it is like ten years old lol...yummo ha! OMG I can't believe Jill is celebrating her 1 year anni seems like yesterday you were filming the proposal! I have to say your Jillian looks just like you!! How sweet she was holding Preslee's hand! They are destined to be besties! It is awesome when ur bestie has a baby so close to yours, mine does and they are besties already double trouble they do exactly how we did as kids it is so fun to watch! Brody is just a doll, Kelcee does that takes our order in her funny voice welcome to my restraunt can I take your order lol! Oh girl Kelcee is the same way if she naps in the car no nap at home that is why we are loud in the car until she gets home lol! I love Preslee's tutu! It looks like zebra print and you know I'm all about zebra print! Thanks for your sweetness on FB about my good news! Your a doll! Miss you
Summer

Lauren & Eddie said...

Jennifer, where did you get your pink and orange shirt??? A friend had a similar one on the other day and I LOVE those colors together!

Erin said...

Cute looks like a fun day! I also can not believe it has been a year sense they got married! I remember hearing about the engagement!

Sarah said...

Just have to say - YES! My kids are the SAME way with naps... drives me crazy!!! :)

Josh and Maggie said...

Yes! My child will not take a nap if she falls asleep in the car before nap time. Even if she's just asleep for a few minutes! I usually have to sit in the back with her on the way home from church (we have a 30 min drive home) so she'll stay awake. :)

Lori said...

What a fun day!! My little 14 month old also will not nap if she falls asleep on the ride home, sometimes if she just fell asleep I can lay her in her crib. If possible we do everything we can to keep her awake until we get home! Sunday's she always wants to fall asleep on the way home, but if we keep her awake she takes a nice long nap once we get home! I know I love nap time!!! :)

Superchikk said...

The top of our cake stayed in my Mom's fridge longer than that, I believe. On our first anniversary, we lived in another state! My brother ended up eating it. Ha!

Superchikk said...

I think our cake stayed in the freezer at Mom's at least that long. We lived in another state by our first anniversary! I think my brother ended up eating it, which shouldn't surprise anybody.

Emily said...

My kids are the same way... if they nap in the car, they will not lay back down.

On the wedding cake - I have a cousin who has been married 15 years and him and his wife freeze their top cake and take small bites every anniversary. He said it still takes pretty good. He said you just have to make sure to wrap it up really good every time. I am still skeptical.

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Happens with us too! It drives me crazy. Try leaving the windows open or if you are really desperate a dum-dum pop will keep Evie awake for me. Jill was such a gorgeous bride! Sounds, like y'all had such a fun weekend and I agree, skip trying the cake.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what a sweet and fun day! I still can't get over her little pigtails, she is getting so big! they are all adorable!

Christa said...

Sounds like a fun day! Happy Anniversary to your sister!

The Rohman Family said...

If mine sleep 10 minutes in the car, it's hard to get them to take their naps!

Meggie said...

That is too funny about your wedding cake! My 3 year old is the exact same way about those power naps in the car. My husband and I will act completely crazy trying to keep him awake until we get home! Ha! My 8 month old will still go back to sleep even after a short nap in the car, but I'm sure one day soon he'll be just like his big brother.

Elenie Counts said...

Fun! Oh and is Jillian's little dress from Cracker Barrel? My husband and I ate there last night and I was looking around and saw a dress similar to that one. We don't know if we're having a boy or girl yet, but I almost bought it anyway because it was so cute! I just never realized they had such adorable clothes at CB. :)