Friday, April 27, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I had a few emails asking for the recipe for this salsa I posted about this weekend, so here is the recipe! I'm using the word recipe loosely because I just threw things in a bowl and didn't really measure! :)

DSC_0315 (640x428)

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

1- 16 ounce bag of frozen corn (Thawed some, but still cold)

1-15 ounce can of black beans (drained and rinsed)

1 red bell pepped-seeded and chopped

1 small red onion-chopped

1 tomato-chopped

A handful of cilantro-chopped (I like a lot so I added a generous amount!)

Salt, Cumin and Garlic powder to taste-I just kept adding and trying it until it tasted good! :)

The juice of one lime

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. We like it best with scoop tortilla chips.

 DSC_0331 (640x428)

If you can, make it a few hours or even the night before you are planning on eating it and let it sit in the fridge. It’s one of those recipes that tastes better the next day!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Love this recipe! I add some avacado and a little italian dressing to mine! Yummy!

Brittany said...

This looks delcious!

Katie said...

Yum! I am totally going to make this! Warm weather makes me crave chips & salsa! Who am I kidding...weather has nothing to do with it. I'd eat chips & salsa in a snow storm.

Maydelin said...

you make hungry, that looks so good!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I haven't made black bean and corn salsa in a long time. Yum! Recently I was introduced to fresh salsa from the Publix deli and I am obsessed! Do y'all have publix grocery stores there?

Stacey said...

Mmmmm... we LOVE this salsa. We actually grow a tomatoes, peppers, and onions in our garden and then my hubby makes an insane amount and we jar it so that we have fresh salsa year round:)! Oh and instead of the frozen corn we use extra sweet corn from a can! Mmmmmm! We also like it with the Hint of Lime Tostido chips!