Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Little Bit of This and That!

It’s so pretty and warm here today! I feel like my kids closets are not ready for it to be 80 degrees around here! We still have winter clothes that were hardly worn because we had such a warm winter. I dug around a found a couple of things for them to wear today. Jillian was looking very springy in her white eyelet shirt today!

IMG_4110

Speaking of spring…my house smells just like spring (and also like Williams Sonoma) thanks to this little stovetop mixture I found on my friend’s blog! You need a small stockpot filled about 2/3 full with water. 1 lemon, sliced, a few sprigs of rosemary, a 1-2 tsp of vanilla. You just let it simmer all day on your stove. It smell SO good!

IMG_9770

March Madness is upon us, so I filled out my tournament bracket today! I’m in a little contest with a few friends from church. I don’t like basketball and I don’t care who wins the tournament, but it’s a fun group that’s competing, so I’m excited to see how we all do! I feel like my final four are pretty solid! We will see! :)

IMG_5065

This is so random, but I occasionally find really cute clothes for Jillian at Cracker Barrel. I found these cute outfits yesterday! The bunny one will be perfect for the week of Easter! They have cute baby boy smocked outfits, too.

IMG_3324

I’ve been working on our bedroom recently. We have lived in our house for over 4 years and there isn’t one thing hanging on our bedroom walls. It’s sad! I’ve been adding some orange things to our brown and blue room over the past couple of weeks. I decided it would be fun to look for fabric for new curtains. I found these two fabrics that I really like. I think the stripe one will go best in our room, but the chevron is so fun that I may have to have a pillow or something made from it! Maybe one day I will completely finish our room and blog some pictures! :)

IMG_4910

Brody has been doing really well writing his name! This was his most recent attempt. He did this without looking at his name written out. He spelled it all by himself and even wrote the letters in the correct order. I think he is making good progress on it for a 3 year old! I’m SO proud of our big boy!

IMG_3600

This picture is from last weekend. I don’t think I mentioned it on here, but Brody had strep throat, along with 3 other friends from church! :) Poor little guy is never sick, so when he started running fever, we knew something was wrong. He spent most of last Saturday on the couch just like this. Within 24 hours of starting the antibiotic he was back to his old self! The rash that came along with the strep lasted about a week. Today is his last day on the antibiotic. I’m so thankful Jillian was on an antibiotic at the same time for a double ear infection because I think that’s what saved her from getting strep as well. Who knew ear infections could be blessings? :)

IMG_2819

Hope you all are having a great week!

7 comments:

Mommarazzi said...

Love Jillian's bow! Where did you find it? I am still new to the bows and the pink :)

Laura said...

Thanks for the spring smelly good tips. I have been looking for something natural. Sorry to hear Brody was under the weather. It has been going around here in NC too. Good luck on your bracket. I think you might have a great shot at winning.

Linds said...

man, strep has been making its rounds hasn't it?! Connor and I both tested negative for it, but I really think we both had it and it STINKS!

Ashley said...

I'm so excited to try that stovetop potpourri! I did one in the fall with apples and spices and vanilla and LOVED IT! I hope Brody stays wells!!

Love, Faith, Hope said...

I'm so disappointed, you picked Ohio State over Syracuse! ;-) HA!!

Brittany said...

Love that you have KY as the winner !!!! Being a wildcat I was like - YAY JENNIFER!!

Love your blog and your oh-so-cute kiddos!!!!!

Brittany said...

Love that you have KY as the winner !!!! Being a wildcat I was like - YAY JENNIFER!!

Love your blog and your oh-so-cute kiddos!!!!!