Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wednesday

Wednesday are our days at home and we love them! I look forward to the break from activities and enjoy our time relaxing at home. Jillian was happy to spend the morning playing in her room yesterday!

DSC_0193 (428x640)

Brody spent some time playing in the backyard! We have loved having warm weather the last few days! It’s a great thing when you can play outside in shorts in February!

DSC_0213 (428x640)

He dressed himself yesterday morning…I loved the little added touch of the cowboy hat!

DSC_0218 (429x640)

He had some issues when he first got into his car to drive because his hat was too big to fit in the car! :)

DSC_0224 (640x428)

I made Bunco Buns yesterday afternoon to take to our small group fellowship last night. I think they were a big hit because there was only one left! :)

IMG_1253

Ingredients:
1 pkg 24 party rolls (I used 2 pkgs of 12 dinner rolls)
1/2 stick butter, melted
4 tablespoons poppy seeds
4 tablespoons mustard
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
One package of sliced ham
One package of Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, mix together butter, poppy seeds, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spread sauce on both sides of rolls, then put a piece of ham and cheese on each sandwich. Place each sandwich on baking sheet, cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.

Hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Brody's outfit is hilarious! Reminds me of when my son used to wear boots and shorts! And those sandwiches are TDF! I actually just make mine with butter and poppyseeds on top. The last time I made them, I ate all but one (mostly as leftovers, not all at once!).

Just the Two of US said...

the kiddos look adorable! that recipe sounds great!

Maria said...

Ohmy, Jillian looks so big and so pretty! And Brody is so cute- such a character ;) I would love to try those Bunco buns but I'd sub the ham for turkey. Wonder if they would still be yummy...

Maria said...

Ohmy, Jillian looks so big and so pretty. And Brody is so cute- such a character! I'd love to try those Bunco buns but I would have to sub the ham for turkey. Wonder if they would still be yummy...

Melissa said...

Those sandwiches are yummy! I just made them a few weeks ago for Blake to take to a work party. He only came home with a few of them as well-they are a crowd pleaser!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

We LOVE our Wednesday's at home too. I just need a day to catch up at home and the kids need a day to just play in their pj's. Love the shorts in February and Jillian looks so adorable in her rocking chair.