Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Birthday Fun

My 27th birthday was last Monday, so we had a fun weekend last weekend celebrating!

Josh and I went to eat that Saturday night while my parents stayed with our kids!

IMG_4586

Sunday night, my mom and dad had us over for dinner and cupcakes! Yes, I asked for cupcakes this year instead of cake! They were from Bliss and were so good!

DSC_0181 (428x640)

My mom had pictures out from my first birthday! We had fun comparing them to Jillian and seeing how similar we looked at a year old!

DSC_0200 (640x429)

Our precious girl excited about a birthday party!

DSC_0191 (429x640)

Our girl and me-I had to wear my glasses for almost a week because I was having some serious allergy issues with my contacts!

DSC_0203 (640x428)

This picture makes me laugh! My mom had put trick sparklers on my cupcake and Brody kept trying to blow them out and they would re-lite. After a couple of times of this he became really scared! :)

DSC_0234 (640x428)

We woke-up on my birthday to a little dusting of snow! They had called for a lot more snow then we actually got. I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t a true snow day, but it was still fun to see. Brody walked around in it before heading to MDO for the morning!

DSC_0249 (461x640)

The kids MDO closed at noon that day, so we had a fun afternoon hanging out around the house. That night, the four of us went to eat! Brody was not a fan of the fire at the hibachi grill! Jillian loved it though and kept trying to blow it out! :)

photo (4)

Last night, some friends went out for my birthday and my friend, Stacey’s birthday. We went to eat and then to see The Vow.

the-vow-poster

Have y’all seen this movie? I had heard mixed reviews on it, but I thought it was good!! I think it’s crazy that it was inspired by a true story!

Hope y’all have  a great day!

14 comments:

Megan said...

I'm a bit ashamed because I don't think I ever told you happy birthday! I should have at least texted you or something, I'm sorry! Happy birthday!! Looks like it was an awesome day with your sweet family!!

Jessica said...

Happy late Birthday! : ) I'm glad it was fun! I'll turn 31 on my next one.. Eek! Good thing we have these kids to chase around and keep us young! : )

Madison's Mommy said...

Happy Late Bday!! Love all of the celebration pics of your sweet and ADORABLE family!

XOXO

Jenna said...

Sounds like a great bday! Loved all the pics - and it is so fun how much JK looks like you as a baby. 2 gorgeous girls!

And I'm with Brody - I just don't trust trick sparklers. ;-)

Love you friend!

Jen S. said...

Happy late Birthday, Jennifer! Looks like you had fun celebrating. Those cupcakes look amazing...I want one!! MMMM!

Rae said...

You should check out the book, it's a lot better than the movie!! They're very strong Christians and they talk all about how God/faith brought them back together. Happy Belated Birthday!

Maria said...

Glad you had a great birthday week! I love how your mom found pictures from your 1st birthday. How thoughtful! And I definitely want some hibachi dinner for my birthday too. Yum!

Laura said...

Looks like such a great birthday and the cupcakes look so yummy.

Sarah-Anne said...

happy belated birthday! sounds like you partied all weekend and had a blast!

Jeanie said...

Happy belated birthday to you!

Day Old News said...

What a nice fun day! I am still dying to see that movie, hopefully before it's out of theaters!

Jenna said...

I cannot believe I missed your bday GNO last night! I am SO sorry - I lost my phone for about 25 hours and it was in my calendar so I forgot! Happy, HAPPY birthday my friend!!!

Maryellen said...

Happy Belated Birthday !
Those cupcakes look so good!

Elisabeth said...

Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look so yummy :)

I can't wait to see the vow. I remember following the real life couple story and I knew their story would make a wonderful book (I bought it last week at target) and movie.

The book was written by the real life couple, and it's such a wonderful book to read. They have such a love for God and it really shows in the book.