Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sleep Where You Fall

Josh or I always go into the kids' rooms before we go to bed to check on them. When I peeked opened Brody's door Sunday night and looked in his bed to check on him, I quickly realized he wasn't there. I looked over to the right and found him curled-up in front of his tool table. He had apparently gotten out of bed to play and had fallen alseep on the floor!


The next night, we went to check on him before going to bed and found him on the floor asleep right by his bed. He had been playing again and hadn't quite made it to the bed before falling asleep!


I went to check on him Tuesday night, expecting to find him in the floor again, but he was asleep right where he was when we left his room earlier in the night. (I absolutely love to watch my sweet kids sleep. There is nothing sweeter to me as a mom!)


Josh went to check on Brody last night before bed and this is what he found! Seriously, how can that even be comfortable? :)


We have loved our new nightly adventure this week of finding out where Brody falls asleep! He's soooo quiet once he goes to bed that we never know if he is up playing or if he is already asleep! We just love this funny boy!

16 comments:

Missy F said...

I love the pic of him all curled up with his bum in the air ; ) My 19 m/o sleeps like that all the time...so stinking cute!

Charity said...

I cracked up when I saw your tweets on this the other day, reminded me of one of my dear friends katie and her boy sammy. one night she freaked out as she couldn't find him in his bedroom. untill she looked in the rocking chair and he was in it asleep. he wasn't even 2 at the time. i still have those pics because they are just too precious!

Shelley said...

My now 10 year old use to do the same thing! We use to find her in her closet. Since my 2nd and 3rd are only 14 months apart we moved her out of the crib EARLY and into the room with her newly turned 3 year sister. I think they had way too much fun going to bed and we would find Lainey in the closet surrounded by stuffed animals. Abbey would always be in her bed but Lainey is our WILD child!

Ashley said...

That is hilarious! I can't believe the last picture. That looks like it would give you back pain for days! Ha! He's so sweet and adorable. : )

Nicole said...

That is too funny!!!!

adoptionmcclelland.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

This is so funny! Kids seem to find the strangest positions comfortable.

My husband and his sister fall asleep very easily once they are tired. (I know this because they both call me on long solo trips to stay awake!) My husband actually used to fall asleep on the stairs on the way up to his bed--I just don't know how that was comfortable! Also, one time they were at an auction and estate sale for some friends, and he went outside to play with a dog. They called for him, but he never came, and they realized they couldn't find him anywhere. So they went outside, and he was asleep on the ground next to the dog!

Hattie said...

Baaaahahaha! Too funny, love the pics! I have a few of my 3 yr old Evan asleep in weird places too like the coffee table & curled up on the rug in the kitchen floor! Must be the thing to do if your three!!!

The Kinards! said...

This post is seriously the cutest thing ever!!!!! I love how he sleeps with his butt in the air like my little girl!! :) what sweet kids you have!!

Just the Two of US said...

my daughter does the same thing, sometimes i just sit there for a minute and stare at them, thinking how tired there little bodies must have been, and what there dreaming about. its so precious

The Tesdalls said...

Haha these are all so funny! I cannot ever imagine that Jonah would fall asleep on the floor. He gets mad when we even joke about him sleeping on the floor or the couch or something. He only wants his bed!;)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I'm so glad you blogged this! It's a fun memory of Brody. :)

Haley said...

So sweet! Both your children are so adorable. Where did you get Brody's bedding? I really like it and want to find a comforter like that for my son.
Haley

Kimberley said...

wish i could sleep this easily! so glad you have these memories! :)

Megan said...

Too cute!!! That last pic had me cracking up!!!

Maria said...

I just LOL'ed at these pics! He's so funny! And his bedding is adorable.

Dianna said...

Love all of the pics but the last one really had me laughing!