Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rosette Book Mark

I had our MOPS group make these cute rosette book marks for our craft project at today’s meeting! I found the idea on this blog via Pinterest.

DSC_0226

The rosette is made out of fabric and hot glued to a giant paper clip. It can be used as a book mark or to hold together stacks of papers, bills, mail, ect.

DSC_0185 (429x640)

I watched this vlog to learn how to make the rosettes. They were very easy to make!

DSC_0223 (640x428)

I bought the giant papers clips in packs of 5 for around $2.50 at Office Depot. I cut the fabric 2 inches wide by 18 inches long. That made a good-sized rosette without it being too big for the paper clip.

DSC_0201 (429x640)

These were very easy and very inexpensive (about 65 cents each) to make! They would make great gifts and can be made in any color/fabric combo!

I seriously wonder where my craft ideas came from before Pinterest!! :)

12 comments:

Nancy said...

How NEAT! Great teacher gifts, too!!

SSS said...

Shut up. This is adorable. I refuse to embrace Pinterest, though, so I can be a little behind the times.

Maydelin said...

great idea and super cute!!

Shaunda said...

This is such an adorable (& useful) project idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

So cute, Jennifer! Love it.

I am also reading Jesus Calling. I just started it!

Jen S. said...

Super cute idea, Jennifer! I ♥ it! PS--I just got hooked on Pinterest the other day. Don't know what took me so long, but I'm glad I am hooked now...it's so much fun!
Have a great day!

sl said...

Love the bookmark!! What a cute idea. I think I can do this!!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I like mine! I like a practical craft! (: Also using our coasters and my prayer box still. I am sure I am using other things but all three of those just happen to be beside me on my nightstand. You are doing a great job with the crafts this year friend!

Dianna said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!!

All About the Armes' said...

Love these! So cute!

Sara said...

Such a cute idea! What did we do before Pinterest?!

Andy said...

Hey, we loved the rosette bookmark idea and featured it in our roundup that just went live yesterday. Thanks, and feel free to share it! http://christiancamppro.com/25-best-womens-retreat-ideas-use/