Saturday, January 7, 2012

Initial Hair Bow Holder

After 15 months of having a little girl, I finally got around to making her a hair bow holder! I had been keeping all of Jillian’s bows in a big bin. It had gotten really disorganized and I could never seem to find the bow I was looking for without dumping all of them out on the floor! :)

bow 2

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a wooden “J” and a roll of polka dot ribbon. I used some pink paint I had leftover from Jillian’s First Birthday party to paint the J pink. After it dried, I hot glued two long pieces of ribbon at the bottom of the J and attached one at the top as a hanging loop! I made the two strands of ribbon really long so that they could each hold a lot of hair bows.

IMG_0103

Here it is hanging on the inside of her closet door with all her girly hair bows!

bow 3

I kept all her headbands, hats and bows connected to headbands in the bin.

bow

This project was super easy and super inexpensive! I think I spent about $5 on it (not including paint, since I already had it).

Hope you all have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Jen S. said...

What a cute, fun idea Jennifer! I love the color of the "J"! Your little girl sure has a lot of hair bows...that's so awesome!

I just did something that I think is super cute with those big letters too in our house. I actually used big and small S's since that's the first letter of our last name. I finished the project last night and posted on my blog about it just this morning. You might like the idea too! Just thought I'd share that with ya!

I love your blog and think you're family is just so sweet!

Have a great weekend!

Christa said...

Cute idea!!

Kelly Denise said...

Very cute

Melissa said...

What an adorable idea-I'll have to keep that in mind if we have a girl someday : )

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Very cute!

Abbie @ lovinourchaos said...

So cute Jennifer! I was thinking of doing a giveaway of one of those on my FB page! Good to see you back to blogging!

Corinne said...

Cute! I saw someone on Pinterest had made a headband holder out of an oatmeal canister, if you need an idea for organizing them.

Shelly said...

Just a tip - take 2 thumbtacks and push through the ribbon and the hot glue. It will give a little more hold in case the hot glue gets weak :) It's on the back so no one will see it anyway.

It's very cute!

Christi said...

Cute idea. I was just looking today for a wooden piece for my niece (since my girls don't wear bows) but the idea of doing her initial makes me want to run right out and buy it. Great job. Do you know what size initial you bought?

Christi

Laura said...

What a cute idea for a birthday or baby shower gift!

Maryellen said...

So craft and it looks so pretty. Like a flower garden.

Veronika said...

LOVE this!! So pretty and girly!
It came out great :)
(I think I am going to pin it)

Workman Family said...

Cute! I recently purchased a spinning jewelry holder to hang my daughter's headbands on. Genius! I make headbands...come check them out! I would love to do a give away if you are up for it. Visit my blog and then click on my link to my etsy store! Hope you have a good week!

www.workmanfamilyfun.blogspot.com