Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Morning 2011

Before Josh and I were married, we decided that one of the boundaries we would set for our little family, when we had a family, was that Christmas morning would be spent with just us and our children. We wanted those mornings to be special and just about our kids. We started the first Christmas we were married (just the two of us) and have spent all 5 Christmas mornings at home, and loved every minute of it! I’m thankful for the time as a family of 4 and love making memories with our sweet little ones!

Brody was SOOO excited when he woke-up Christmas morning!  I loved seeing his reaction to his gifts!

DSC_1019 (640x427)

Sweet little sister was so surprised to see new toys set up in the living room!

DSC_1020 (395x640)

She spotted her little kitchen and took off running!

DSC_1023 (640x428)

DSC_1025 (640x428)

We loved getting to shop for pink girly gifts and tough boy gifts!

DSC_1031 (428x640)

Brody used his new tools on everyone and everything that morning!

DSC_1029 (640x428)

Happy boy!

DSC_1037 (640x428)

Jillian set-up her picnic from her picnic basket.

DSC_1043 (640x428)

And then did some more cooking!

DSC_1047 (428x640)

After we opened all our gifts, we got ready and went to church. Our church had a 9:00 service that we attended. It only lasted about an hour so we were quickly back home and in our pajamas and ready for pancakes for breakfast! Josh always makes homemade pancakes on Christmas morning. It’s one of my favorite traditions.

DSC_1069 (429x640)

Brody was telling us all about what he learned at church. :)

DSC_1070 (640x428)

We tried to take a few pictures of all of us, but it’s hard with two busy kiddos!

DSC_1102 (640x626)

I thought a lot about last Christmas and how little Jillian was!

DSC_1110 (640x452)

Love these 3!

DSC_1123 (640x428)

This picture made us laugh! We were trying to get a picture of the two of them and Brody wanted to hold Jillian. She looks really amused! Ha!

DSC_1076 (640x428)

One more Christmas post and then I think I can get back to regular blogging! :)

Hope y’all are having a great week!

11 comments:

Jen S. said...

Looks like you guys had the perfect Christmas morning. How wonderful! PS--one thing that has always been important to me too, is being home on Christmas morning. We have one daughter (who is 13 now) and even still, I want the three of us to be in our home on Christmas morning. It just means so much.

Happy New Year Jennifer, to you and your sweet family!

emily said...

I think it's a wonderful idea to start your own Christmas traditions. I'm sure your kids will cherish these memories forever!

Love JK's kitchen!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I love that y'all got back in your pajamas after church. :) Such a sweet morning for your family!

Life in Dawleywood said...

I'm loving her play kitchen! I was thinking about getting my daughter one for her 1st b-day but I think I might wait until next Christmas because I thought maybe she would be too young. Does Jillian love hers?

Kellie said...

My husband and I also have an agreement to enjoy Christmas morning at home with our kids (7 and 4). :) Isn't it the best?

Best to you and your adorable family in the New Year!

Kellie

Alex and Jill said...

I love the looks on their faces seeing their gifts for the first time!

We decided the same thing...once we had kiddos - Christmas morning would be at our home with our kiddos. I'll never regret that decision.

Amelia has those same kitty pajamas on right now. :)

Angie said...

What a wonderful Christmas morning!!
Those pictures are just precious!!

Where did you find that play kitchen for Jillian? Super cute!

Ashley said...

It is important to have that private time! Our tradition is to be home Christmas Eve so we can open presents together, and we always have a dinner of rotisserie chicken from Walmart! Ha! Since our family lives in central AR, this means my husband and I always wake up at our place on Christmas morning--but we scarf down some breakfast, load up the car, and hurry to get to Hot Springs by noon! We didn't have to do that this year...but that's another story. :)

Jessica said...

Wow! I cant believe how big Brody has gotten! It really shows in the pic of him making the funny face!

Nancy said...

Happy New Year!
Jillian looks precious cooking up a storm in her kitchen!
Brody is handsome as always!

Mrs. Williams said...

Great post, I just love seeing kids faces when they see what "Santa" has brought them. SN: We have the same tradition, of being at home Christmas morning with just us and our kids-we really value that time together and really want it to just be about our kids.