Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

Happy New Year!! I hope each of you had a great Christmas and a wonderful start to 2012. I got a little behind on blogging, so here is my attempt at playing catch-up starting with Christmas Eve!

One of our family traditions is to go to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at our church. We look forward to this special service each year and always enjoy the time together as a family. The kids sit in the service with us and have the opportunity to go to the front on the stage as the Christmas story is read. It’s such a sweet time!

Getting a picture of the two of them together is pretty much impossible now that Jillian is walking! They usually end up walking away in opposite directions. :)

DSC_0873 (429x640)

I guess they were high-fiving each other for making it so difficult for me to get a good picture of them! Ha!

DSC_0890 (428x640)

I bought this dress for Jillian back in May and was so excited it fit for Christmas. We may get a few more wears out of it for Valentine’s Day!

DSC_0906 (428x640) 

Brody has loved wearing this red tie, so I guess I’m going to be on the lookout for more little ties for him.

DSC_0894 (640x427)

We ate dinner after the service with my parents, Jill and Brandon, and then headed home to make cookies for Santa!

DSC_0954 (640x428)

We made Christmas tree, star, stocking and candy cane sugar cookies. Brody had a great time using the cookie cutters to cut them out.

DSC_0961 (640x428)

Decorating the cookies with icing and sprinkles!

DSC_0963 (640x427)

Cookies, milk and a note to Santa from Brody.

DSC_0981 (640x428)

Before bed, Brody told “A Christmas Boy” (that’s what he named our Elf on the Shelf) goodbye. A Christmas Boy was heading back to the North Pole that night. :) We didn’t make a big deal about our elf during the month, but we did enjoy hiding him around the house each night so that Brody could look for him the next morning.

DSC_0971 (640x428)

Up next….Christmas Day!

Hope you all have a great afternoon!

5 comments:

Alex and Jill said...

Oh that dress on Jillian is SO CUTE. Love her.

Brittney said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas Eve! I love Jillian's dress!

Karen At Home said...

The kids are so cute Jen! Love Jillian's dress, I can't believe you bought it in May! So adorable.

The Niemeyer Nest said...

That is such a sweet dress on Jillian! Happy New Year!

Jill said...

I don't comment often, but I have been missing your blogging lately! I JUST did my Christmas blog and crammed it all into one (probably incoherent!) post. Jillian is getting so much hair! We also braved our Christmas Eve service with 2 kids and it was stressful! How did yours run so smoothly? Seriously, I need to know!