Monday, December 12, 2011

Freezer Meal Swap

In October, I blogged about doing a freezer meal swap with some of my friends from playgroup/church. Friday, we did a second freezer meal swap. This time there were 6 of us that participated (we each made 2 different recipes for the swap), so we each ended-up with 12 freezer meals for the month!

DSC_0686 (428x640)

We all made different recipes for this swap, so we have a completely different set of meals than we did last time. Between the 12 meals, Christmas, and an occasional night eating out, I don’t think I will have to cook the rest of the month! Woo whoo!

Here are the meals for this month:

Poppy seed chicken (I shredded the chicken, not cubed it. Serve over rice)

Cowboy Chili

Chicken Roll-Ups

Chicken Enchiladas

White Chicken Chili

Oven-Baked Chicken Chimichangas

Pulled Pork

Taco Soup

Chicken Broccoli (This might not be the exact recipe, but I think it’s pretty close)

Baked Ziti

Chicken Spaghetti

Baked Spaghetti

I also linked the recipes from our last freezer meal swap on this blog post if you are interested in seeing other meals we have made and swapped.

Have a great afternoon!

8 comments:

Nancy said...

THANK YOU so much for sharing! What a blessing & a great idea!!

Karen said...

Thanks for again sharing! How many does each meal feed? I didn't see that in the posts. Thanks!

Diane said...

Lots of chicken. Thank God it can be made so many different ways!

Shelley said...

This is a great idea to do with friends! What a blessing to have so many meals ready to go for your family. I'd like to be able to try this with a few others sometime!

Laura said...

Love, love, love this idea! I must say that there sure is alota chicken swapping going on! Hahaha!

Az girl said...

how does the food taste?! Is it as good as freshly made meals? Also, how long can you freeze it for.. thank you!

Becky said...

this is awesome! i've always wanted to do this. you've inspired me to just organize it. i'm gonna do it! thanks for sharing the meal list. visit me sometime at http://cinderelladuty.blogspot.com!

Sarah-Anne said...

i cannot wait to do freezer meals! it seems like such a great way to help other moms while also getting some help for dinner yourself :)