Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Train Ride

Yesterday morning, the four of us went for a ride on the Christmas Train!

DSC_0756 (640x428)

It was a 45 minute train ride, which was the perfect length for us since we have two small children.

DSC_0753 (433x640)

This was Brody’s first train ride and we did not tell him about it until we got to the train depot and he saw the train. He was SO excited! This is a picture of him making train noises while we waited for it to depart.

DSC_0752 (640x428)

They served hot chocolate on the train and Santa walked through all the train cars to visit with the kids.

DSC_0766 (640x428)

Brody sat like this most of the ride…just watching out the window and taking it all in!

DSC_0767 (428x640)

Jillian had a great time as well! She liked chatting with the family sitting behind us! :)

DSC_0778 (640x428)

Last night, we made our first gingerbread house as a family. Brody loved every minute of the fun and so did Josh and I!

DSC_0784 (640x428)

I put the house together and then we let Brody do the rest.

DSC_0792 (640x428)

He did a great job decorating! I loved watching him place every single candy on the house. It took almost an hour, but he sat the entire time and never lost focus. Pretty impressive for such a busy boy!

DSC_0823 (640x428)

So proud of the finished product! He asked me to take some pictures of it! :)

DSC_0845 (640x428)

I love this picture…he is admiring his work and smiling as big as he could!

DSC_0856 (640x427)

What a fun day we had making memories with our sweet kids!

10 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

The Christmas Train sounds fun! I wish we had something like that in my area! The kids look like they enjoyed it so much! I love B's gingerbread house--a whole hour sitting down?!?! WOW! That is great for a boy! I'm not sure my 2 would do that! HA!

Lauren said...

SO sweet and SO fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Christa said...

The train ride sounds like so much fun! Love your gingerbread house! So cute!

Jen S. said...

Looks like you all had an awesome, very fun family day! How sweet! :)

Linds said...

I am so impressed with the Ginger Bread house! I wanted to start that tradition this year with Brayden, but held off in fear it would just create more drama than I was willing to handle. Looks like it might've worked afterall though. Oh well... next year :)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I'm going to have to find a Christmas train ride next year. It looks like so much fun! Brody asking you to take anpicture of his gingerbread house is too funny!

Elizabeth said...

That is precious! I can't wait to do that with my little ones one day!!

Elizabeth
bryceandliz.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Your gingerbread house looks great! I can't wait until Gracie is old enough to help with things like that =) and how fun about the train! I bet your kids had a blast with Santa and the hot chocolate. Hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas!

Nancy said...

Such fun! The gingerbread house turned out wonderfully!
Merry Christmas!

Sarah-Anne said...

i love Brody's request for you to take a picture of his gingerbread house...he did an AMAZING job!
christmas activities are just SO fun, even more a 16 year old like me ;)