Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Random Thoughts…

Josh and I went to a fundraising dinner last night for a crisis pregnancy center in our area. It was fun to get dressed-up and go out just the two of us!

DSC_0360

We had a great night with friends and enjoyed learning more about the ministries of Loving Choices!

After spending entirely too much time pinning sewing projects on Pinterest, I decided that I just needed to attempt to sew again! So last week, I started on the Christmas pants for Jillian. It probably was not the smartest idea for my first project to include ruffles, but I survived making them and just need to finish the waistband. The pants have been like this for a week, but I keep forgetting to go get elastic. Hopefully completing these will give me the confidence to tackle a few more pinned ideas in the future. I’m pretty sure all major sewing projects will still be given to someone with more experience than this girl! :)

DSC_0369 (446x640)

I meant to post this yesterday, but this was Brody’s candy haul from Monday night. We only went to 5 houses and he got a cookie at one house, so this candy is from 4 houses!! I am pretty sure the majority of it is from our friend, Heather! I kept seeing her stuff handfuls of candy in Brody’s bag! Ha! He was so excited about all the candy!

DSC_0359 (640x428) (640x428)

Monday night, one of our friends (who is a huge Alabama fan) taught Brody to say, “Roll Tide”. This is all I have literally heard from him for 2 days! He will randomly yell, “Roll Tide” and then I will ask him what he supposed to say, and he says, “Woo Pig Sooie”! It’s really funny! Today, he walked through the kitchen singing a song that he made-up. The words were, “Momma say roll tide, roll tide, go roll tide”. I can’t help, but laugh at him! We may be a house divided before too much longer if Clint keeps encouraging Brody to be a Bama fan! ;)

Hope y’all are having a great week!

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Brody got some candy!
Glad you all had a good time!

The Wallace Family said...

Your little pants turned out so cute!! I can't wait to see a picture of your sweet girl wearing them:) Brody is a hoot!

Nicole said...

Those pants are adorable!!!! Good job!!!

Erin said...

Aww, this Alabama girl will take little "Roll Tide" Brody any day :)

Jody said...

I taught my 3 year old son to say Roll Tide this year and he says it to everyone we see. Especially the man wearing the Auburn shirt at the grocery store. The funny part - we live up in Michigan! My Aunt and Uncle are Professors at the University and she supplies us with clothing to support their team. It made it especially interesting last year when Michigan State (my husbands team) played Alabama for the championship.

jillie said...

It should be a funny and interesting game when Arkansas plays Alabama with him just learning to say "Roll Tide." That is too funny, he sure is a cutie no matter what he says!!

The Riedel Family - Confessions of a Marine Wife said...

Such a good job on Jillian's outfit! And the "Roll Tide" thing cracks me up. All I think about is the comercial where all they say around this town is "Roll Tide". Definitely not an Alabama fan, but cute commercial.

Karen said...

Jillian's pants are so cute! I have started sewing again, and I want to encourage you to keep going. Sewing for little girls is so much fun. I am getting ready to start my first quilt. It's hard to find the time, but so worth it. Brody really made out and that's cute about roll tide.

Linds said...

nooooooo... don't let him convert to Bama. Anything but Bama!

nicole@http://theclarks-nicole.blogspot.com/ said...

Looks like Brody scores with the candy! Those pants are so cute. I wish I could sew. Maybe I need to learn.

April said...

Hee Hee! Roll Tide, Brody!!!

Faith said...

I'm so proud of your sewing skills!! You did a great job on those pants for JK - adorable! Keep it up, girl!!

wallacefamilyblog said...

The pants are adorable! I need to learn how to sew you have much more skills then me:)

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

Look at all of that candy and only from 4 houses. My boys would LOVE to go trick-or-treating in your neighborhood :)

Mer said...

I'm impressed! Ruffles are HARD!!! Sewing and i have a love/hate relationship! Good to check in on you...beautiful as always!

Stephanie said...

Cute pants! Now, I'm dying to try to make a pair for my little girl.