Friday, October 28, 2011

Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

We actually turned these two-ingredient muffins into three-ingredient muffins. I had these earlier this week at church and the person who made them added chocolate chips into the muffins. It made them extra good!

The original recipe calls for one box of spice cake mix and one 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree.  (I had to use half of a 29 ounce can of pumpkin because that’s all I had on hand.)

We waited to bake these after Jillian went to bed so that Brody could get a little extra time with mommy! He was so excited to get to help me! 

DSC_0374 (640x428)

You need to use a mixer to mix them, but I let Brody stir them for a little while before we got out the mixer. :)

DSC_0377 (640x428)

Brody wanted me to throw some chocolate chips in his mouth before we mixed them into the batter. 

DSC_0380 (640x428)

Yummy!!

DSC_0383 (428x640)

Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.

DSC_0369 (640x428)

They are super easy and delicious!

18 comments:

Emily said...

We made these and used white chocolate chips-yummo! :)

Josh and Maggie said...

My family loves these muffins...except we use cinnamon chips instead of chocolate chips! So good!

Katie said...

We made these on Wednesday. They are delicious and easy!

Summer said...

OMG they look amazing and sound soooo yummy I am gonna have to try this one! Do you know I have never had anything with pumpkin ever...so this will be the first! I love cooking with Kelcee its so fun! Brody looks so happy and I love the throwing choc chips idea how cute :)

xoxo
Sums

Sarah-Anne said...

YUM! i'll have to try them sometime when i can't wait to get my pumpkin fix; they look so EASY!

Jen S. said...

These sound so good! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun making them :)

I make similar muffins. I use Devils Food cake mix, small can of pure pumkpin, and 1/2 cup water. They are SO GOOD, and come out perfect every time! YUMMM!

Have a great weekend Jennifer :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That sounds yummy and pretty easy!!! I just made pumpkin bread ... that was a little more labor intense!

Maryellen said...

Thanks Jennifer - these look so good. I am going to try them next Friday for my ladies bible study.

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Do you make the cake like the directions on the box or do you just mix the pumpkin and mix together? Justwanted to make sure! They sound so yummy!

penneyh said...

Looks yummy! Do you add the oil, water and eggs to the cake mix too or just the pumpkin?

Kimberly said...

I made these too. So easy and yummy!

wallacefamilyblog said...

we just made these as well but used the yellow cake mix and they were delicious! I will have to give the spice cake mix a try that sounds wonderful.

Jennifer said...

Penneyh-You just add the pumpkin to the cake mix! :) Super easy!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I would love for you to link this post to the recipe section of my Halloween Traditions link up!

michaelandmagen said...

Yummy! Making these tonight!

Melody said...

I made these tonight and did them in mini loaf pans for my daughters teachers at school. Thanks for the great idea :)

Faith said...

I made them with just a yellow cake mix and added some pumpkin pie spice, but I want to try it with the spice cake mix next. Oh, and how could I have forgotten the chocolate chips?! Yum!

Angela said...

I made these for breakfast today, and they were a BIG hit! Thanks for sharing!!