Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tuesday

The weather decided to change quickly here! The temperature was in the 80s on Monday and then in the 50s yesterday, so Jillian got to wear a sweater and boots to Bible study yesterday morning!

DSC_0361 (640x428)

DSC_0370 (428x640)

Michelle Duggar came to speak at our Bible study yesterday morning! This is our Tuesday morning group with Michelle and a few of their daughters.

Bible study

Didn’t we do a great job matching the colors we wore? :)

 DSC_0372 (640x428)

Both times I have met Michelle, I have been amazed at how young she looks. Seriously, no wrinkles! It’s amazing!

I always enjoy hearing Michelle speak! She spoke on building character qualities in our children and was kind enough to answer so many of our questions.  She is such a great encouragement to moms and she is honestly one of the kindest, most humble people I have ever been around. You can just tell from hearing her speak how much she loves her children and how much joy she finds in motherhood. It was a great morning getting to learn from her!

The kids always nap well on Tuesday afternoons since they play hard in the nursery on Tuesday mornings. They were asleep by the time we got home yesterday. I think they look alike when they sleep!

IMG_4655

Since it was a little cooler yesterday, I thought it was a good night for chili, so I used the turkey and black bean chili that we had in our freezer. I am LOVING these freezer meals! It frees up so much time in the afternoons since dinner just has to be cooked. Plus, no mess in the kitchen!

Brody helped me make corn muffins to go along with the chili. He loves to help in the kitchen and I love having his help! He kept telling me that he did need me help and he wanted to “stare with the whiss” (stir with the whisk) by himself!

DSC_0366 (640x428)

Also, thank you all SO much for your help with paint colors! Seriously, you have no idea how much I was dreading choosing a color, so I am so glad that y’all helped by narrowing it down to a few! :)

Hope you have a great day!

16 comments:

-Crystal said...

Precious children! Love Jillians little pink boots! Have a great day!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

We have a lady in our church that has 8 kids and it's the same thing...no wrinkles! You wonder if having a lot of kids actually keeps you young! :)

Ashleigh said...

Oh I'd love to hear Michelle Duggar speak! I LOVE their show!!! :) You're right, your kids do look alike when they're asleep :)

Nancy said...

I wish Michelle would come to Birmingham! She has taken so many years of prenatal vitamins, I wonder if that has helped her skin?! I love that family!
Your babies look precious asleep in the car :) It's cold here too...I made regular chili last night! Bring on the fall weather!

The Anglin Family said...

Yummy;) chili and corn muffins!!!
I've met Michelle and she seriously has the best skin. And the sweetest heart;)

Love from Texas said...

Jillian looks sooo cute! I want that outfit in my size. And 2... I'm seriously jealous of all you Arkansas girls always getting to meet the Duggars. It's seriously one of my favorite shows. Ha! I have so much respect for them, and you're right - I think Michelle looks so young even on TV!

Twice as Nice said...

Jennifer,
I'm not sure if you're familiar with a site called veryjane (it's like groopdealz) but today they have pillow covers to match Brody's bedding! I think they are 18x18 and are selling for $11.00. You may have to hurry on these they are going fast and it says they have a limited number available.

momMYsliceoflife said...

I'm a big Dugger fan. I think its so neat she has come to your church twice. And my daughter, London, has the same sweater than your sweet girl has on! :)

Workman Family said...

so excited for you to have met Mrs. Dugger (again)!! love reading your blog!!

nicole@http://theclarks-nicole.blogspot.com/ said...

I think it is wonderful that you got to hear Michelle speak twice. I love her show and I love the strong morals and love of God they have in their heart. She does look great,but I am not having 19 children! Jillian's outfit is so cute. She has the cutest clothes ever! Such cute kids

The Denoves said...

That is amazing that you were able to hear Michelle speak in such a small setting. I just finished their latest book and have really enjoyed some of the insight that they provided in the book. We were lucky to hear the family speak out in Louisville last year while we were in town. I love your blog and glad that you share your life.

The Kinards! said...

She is too cute!! Reminds me so much of my little girl because she is so petite too! :)
Where did you find those adorable little pink boots?? I am having the hardest time finding her boots because her feet are so small :)

Jenna said...

Seriously jealous that I didn't get to go to this! ;-) You know how much I love those Duggars! Glad I got to see you Monday, wish we could have chatted more!

Tricia said...

Love Jillian's boots. Adorable!! What a fantastic treat in getting to hear Michelle speak. I watch her show and can only imagine how inspiring she is to hear speak. Truly seems like a wonderful lady.

Dana said...

I am soo jealous that you got to meet Michelle Duggar! I adore her and sooo wanna meet her one day! What an awesome blessing :)))

Erin said...

the weather changes are fun when you can bring out the new clothing.. she looks so cute.