Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a really uneventful weekend, which was wonderful! I feel like our fall has been packed full of fun, busy weekends, but a weekend with no big plans is always nice!

Saturday, we went to watch the Razorback game  at The Green’s house. It was a lot of fun! Jillian and Brody always love spending time with Payne!

DSC_0378 (640x428)

DSC_0373

We had some great food for lunch…grilled duck, grilled pork tenderloin, salad, green bean bundles and fried potatoes. We had cookies for dessert along with this banana pudding I made. I should have taken a picture before I took it over, but this is proof it was pretty good! :)

IMG_3519

Here is the recipe I used. It’s Paula Deen’s banana pudding and I sort of fell in love with it when we visited her restaurant last summer. I was pregnant and I ate quite a bit of dessert while we were there, including this pudding! Jill even made this recipe for my baby shower since I loved it so much. I made it in a 9x13, but my sister makes it in a huge bowl and it seems to work better that way!

Ingredients

1   12-ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whip
1   14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1   8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 cup milk
1   5-ounce box instant French vanilla pudding
6-8   bananas, sliced
2   bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies (I used Vanilla Wafers instead)

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.  Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.  Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.  Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.  Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

___________________________________________________________________________

One other thing I did this weekend was I cleaned out our bottle cabinet! I have no idea why I have waited so long to do this. I don’t think Jillian has used a bottle since she was about 10 months old. She has either nursed or used a sippy cup. I realized with all the additional sippy cups in our house, we needed our cabinet space back so we could store all of Brody and Jillian’s cups. It was a little bittersweet when I packed them away, but I am happy to have the additional cabinet space now!

DSC_0381 (428x640)

And this is just a sweet picture from this weekend…I went to check on Jillian on Saturday night and I found her holding hands with her little baby doll! Precious girl! I just love her so much!

DSC_0385 (640x428)

Hope y’all are having a great week!

7 comments:

The Anglin Family said...

This is our fave banana pudding..my kiddos like it with the chessman cookies, but I think they're too sweet. I like to get a bowl of it plain and dunk my nilla wafers in it;)

Andrea said...

Jillian is so precious holding her baby dolls hand! Paula Deen's banana pudding is my favorite!

Love from Texas said...

I lOve that recipe! So easy too. Sounds like y'all had a fun weekend :)

Jill said...

That pic of Jillian is the sweetest!

Judy said...

The last picture of Jillian is just precious.

Nancy said...

I'm trying that recipe!! My husband will be so excited.
Thanks for sharing!

Frank and Natalie said...

My best friend made the exact recipe for my baby shower. SOOOO good!