Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Brody!

Today was Brody’s 3rd birthday! We spent the day celebrating as a family! Josh took of work so that we could devote our entire day to doing lots of fun things with our birthday boy.

When he woke-up this morning, we told him he could either have pancakes or donuts for breakfast. He chose pancakes!

DSC_0360 (428x640)

While he ate, Josh sent in Brody’s application for preschool for next fall! Crazy, right? Our church has a private school that has 2 day preschool for 3 year olds. We have wanted to get Brody on the waiting list for next fall, but had to wait until he was 3 to be able to send in his application, so we sent it in today since he is 3 now. :)

DSC_0370 (640x428)

We played this morning while Jillian napped and then got dressed to go eat lunch.

Love this two cuties! They both look so big!

DSC_0389 (640x428)

Brody with his Happy Birthday banner!

DSC_0377 (640x428)

Telling us he is 3 now!

DSC_0382 (428x640)

My sweet birthday boy!

DSC_0401 (428x640)

I loved the little boots Jillian had on today!

DSC_0396 (429x640)

Before we left the house we checked the mail and Brody received 2 birthday cards! He was very excited!

DSC_0403 (428x640)

We went to Chick-fil-a for lunch…Brody’s favorite. He was posing with his apple slice!

DSC_0407 (428x640)

Jillian enjoyed her lunch, too!

DSC_0411 (428x640)

After lunch, we took Jillian home so she could nap. Julee came over to stay at the house with Jillian so that we could Brody to see The Lion King!

DSC_0421 (429x640)

The last 15 minutes he sat in my lap and fell asleep! We carried him out asleep and as soon as he woke-up he started telling us how much he loved the movie!

DSC_0427 (640x428)

We continued the fun this evening by going to Chuck E. Cheese to play! Brody’s favorite thing there is this monster truck! He spent most of our time there “driving” it!

DSC_0428 (640x428)

Then, we made a stop by Toys R Us! He loves to go sit on the power wheels and pretend he is driving!

2011-10-03_19.31.28

He ended his birthday with a vanilla milkshake that Gigi dropped off at the house!

DSC_0437 (640x428)

I think he had a great day celebrating his birthday! I know Josh and I had so much fun spending the day with him and celebrating 3 wonderful years!

Sweet picture Brody the day he was born!

Untitled

I honestly feel like this picture was taken just the other day. I wish I could go back and just snuggle that little baby again! I am so thankful that God gave this sweet little boy to us! There is not a day that goes by that I am not reminded of God’s perfect plan and perfect timing when I look at Brody. I am so incredibly grateful that God gave him to us even when we didn’t think we were ready to be parents. We cannot even imagine our lives without him. He brings so much joy!! What a sweet, sweet 3 years we have had with our precious boy!

Happy Birthday, Brody!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!

17 comments:

Julee said...

I am so glad he had such a fun day!! I absolutely love this little boy and will always have a special place in my heart for him! I had a fun afternoon with sweet Jillian Kate too! Happy Birthday Brody!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Brody! I always remember his special day since it is my hubby's birthday;)

momMYsliceoflife said...

Oh my gosh! It is WILD how similar our days were. My little girl turned three today too. We started the day off with pancakes, then chickfila for lunch, and topped that off with chuck e cheese. Crazy! lol! Happy Birthday to your little guy! Loved his birthday party post too.

Leslie Duffield said...

Happy Birthday sweet Brody!! So glad yall got to have a fun day all celebrating together :) It's so hard to believe he's already 3. It really doesn't feel like that long ago. He looks too cute & so big! Happy Birthday Brody!

Nancy said...

He is so precious! You made his day so very special! I love that!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Brody! The party was adorable and his actual birthday looks like so much fun. He looked so cute in his birthday shirt-I am so glad he was able to wear it.

Lauren said...

What a special day for a sweet boy!!!!!!!! :)

Lindsey said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome day together! Those are the best!! Happy Birthday Brody!!

Heather Allen said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!!!

Megan said...

What a fun day for y'all! Happy birthday to Brody!

Cheryl E. said...

Aw what a big birthday boy. Happy Birthday Brody.

Cason Crew said...

So sweet. I'm sure you feel like it was just yesterday that he was born. Oh how time flies!

Karen At Home said...

Happy Birthday to your precious boy!!!!! I have loved watching him grow over the years. Can't believe he will be going to preschool soon!

Sarah-Anne said...

happy bday sweet brody! it has been awesome watching you GROW under your parents love :)

Savannah said...

What a fun birthday celebration! I have been reading since Brody was an infant and cannot believe he is three! Happy Birthday Brody!

Mommyblogger said...

Ahhh...Happy Birthday Brody! I swear, he is so darn handsome. I love the shirt he is wearing :)

Glad you all had such a good day. Looks like Brody had loads of fun!

Linds said...

that last paragraph is exactly how i feel about my Connor. God's timing IS perfect!