Sunday, October 2, 2011

Brody’s Party: The cake table and cake

We had Brody’s party this weekend at a local bounce house called Boingo Bounce! It’s one of Brody’s favorite places and he was more than thrilled when we decided to have his party there! The great thing about having the party at a place like this is you pay a set fee and just show-up with a cake and drinks. We did something like this for Brody’s party last year and it was such a success that we decided to do it again this year.

I took just a few things to use to decorate the cake table.

DSC_0383 (640x420)

The party was at 4, so we just had cake, cupcakes and juice…sugar, sugar and sugar! Ha!

DSC_0373

I LOVED the way the cake turned out! It was such a cute, cute golf cake! The cake was supposed to have been twice this size though. Not sure how the order got messed-up, but we made it work and Brody loved it, which was the most important part!

DSC_0391 (640x428)

DSC_0371 (640x429)

Golf cupcakes that our friend, Ally, made for the party! They were absolutely perfect for the golf theme! She had never made any like these before but I thought they turned out SO cute! The golf balls were coconut truffles. I made the little golf flags from scrapbook paper and lollipop sticks.

DSC_0365 (640x428)

The cupcake stands were on a packing box wrapped in wrapping paper. I added the ribbon and painted the little white wooden disc to look like a golf ball, then added a 3 that I cut from the Cricut and hot glued it all onto the box. 

DSC_0367 (640x428)

This frame has seriously become a joke with my friends! We are now seeing how many times I can use it. This is the 3rd color of paint we have put on it in 3 weeks! Ha! It had “Happy Birthday Brody” on it as well as this picture of Brody in a golf cart this summer! He had on his little bow tie and looked so handsome! :)

DSC_0377 (640x428)

Balloons were on the far sides of the table! :)

DSC_0366 (428x640)

I had a balloon weight in the bottom of these bucket and then covered them with plastic golf balls.

DSC_0395 (428x640)

Brody’s monogram in a vase full of golf balls. This was on the table that he sat at during the party! Funny story…when I made this I put the “b” as his first initial and then had to switch it around! I somehow momentarily forget Brody is his middle name! :)

DSC_0380 (428x640)

When it came time to sing Happy Birthday and eat cake, Brody wasn’t too sure about me lighting the candles on his cake! He told me he didn’t want to get burned! My little cautious child! :) I love how concerned he and Parker look in this picture!

DSC_0455 (640x428)

Enjoying his cake and juice!

DSC_0465 (428x640)

His favorite part of the cake was the golf cart! He has not stopped playing with it since we took it off of the cake last night! :)

DSC_0472 (428x640)

I will share more pictures of the party tomorrow! We had a wonderful time celebrating our sweetie’s 3rd birthday!

19 comments:

Brittany said...

So adorable!! I love the golf theme! Happy birthday, Brody!!

Missy F said...

What a cute theme! Happy birthday Brody, glad Mom didn't do a chicken theme this year ; )

Linds said...

SO cute! He looks so old in that serious picture!

Mommyblogger said...

What an adorable theme! The cake was cute & those cupcakes were seriously adorable!!!! Love everything, looks so boyish :)

Meggie said...

LOVE everything you did with the cake table! You are a great party planner and decorator!! We have our little man's 3rd birthday coming up the beginning of February (never to soon to start planning right?) and I'm thinking about doing it somewhere other than my house or my parents' but still wanted to have a cute theme and decorations. I'm now inspired and know it can be done! Thanks for sharing!

Anna & Kirby said...

What a perfect day! I love the way everything looked... very creative!

Katie @Pinke Post said...

I always look at a blog post like this and think "why have I never thought of any of this?" So adorable and creative. Love it.

Christa said...

What a cute birthday party!! :)

Alyssa said...

What a sweet party! I had to laugh about the candles, though! When my daughter was 3, she let us light them, but refused to blow them out because she was afraid she'd get burned!

Katie said...

So cute, Jennifer!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

All of the details are so cute! Great job, mama! He is looking like such a big boy! :) I love all of the uses of the frame, hehe!

Lauren said...

Soooooo cute!!!!!!! :)

Dianna said...

Great job!

Angie said...

What a precious party! I love all the decor! My little girls bday is this wk!:)

Rebekah said...

I am so so sad we missed it! How stink'in cute! Way to pull off three parties in three weeks, Momma!!!

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

I love the idea of a golf theme for little boys! My little one is all about hittin' the golf ball right now! I am right there with you when it comes to re-painting & re-using picture frames! I have done the EXACT same thing over the past couple of years for wedding showers, baby showers & birthday parties...it's just TOO easy & very FRUGAL! :P

The Barron Family said...

I LOVE your decor for the party! How much fun doing a golf theme. I need to do that next birthday for my son (we live on a golf course!) So cute!! Love your blog.

Angie said...

Love the decor you did!!! Turned out great!!

Hope Brody had a wonderful birthday!!!!!

Sara said...

Such cute decorations!