Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Smash Cake

We had a great time watching Jillian eat her smash cake at her party!

I LOVE this picture of her sweet little face as I brought the cake towards her! She was so excited!

DSC_0316 (640x428)

DSC_0317 (640x428)

Taking her first bite! She tried to be really dainty at first! I love that Brody is right in front of her high chair. He didn’t want to miss any of the action!

DSC_0319 (640x428)

Us with our birthday girl!

DSC_0324 (640x428)

She loved the icing!

DSC_0329 (640x428)

DSC_0334 (640x428)

She flung a little icing on my pants and I thought that was about as messy as I would get since I wasn’t the one actually eating the cake. I was wrong.

DSC_0331 (640x428)

See how her cute little hands were covered in icing?

DSC_0337 (640x428)

I bent down to have my picture taken with Jillian and that cute little hand smeared the icing all over the side of my face! Ha!

DSC07444

DSC07445

DSC07446

It was seriously so funny and something we will never forget about her first birthday party! She received two different kinds of toy cakes as birthday gifts, so I think we will stick to letting her play with those from now on! :)

Hope y’all are having a great week!

24 comments:

Shelli said...

That last picture of the two of you is ADORABLE!!! Way to take that mess like a trooper, Mom! Gorgeous party for a gorgeous little girl... LOVE that tutu headband...Did you find that online???

Kelly's Avenue said...

That's too cute!!

Ellen @ The Hairbow Chronicles said...

That is one very serious hairbow on the birthday girl! =)
First birthdays are so fun!

Diamonds & Dumptrucks Boutique said...

she is such a beauty! happy first birthday! our daughters are only a few days apart! mine was born on September 9 and its def bittersweet how fast its went! would you please share where you got your top? i love it and have been trying to find a top with the cute tie bow, i've looked everywhere!

Jennifer said...

How sweet and I too want to know where you got your top. It is so cute and feminine!

Leah said...

I also want to know where your blouse if from!! :) It is adorable!
BTW, such a cute party. Looks like you were so frugal with the decor but everything is just perfect! Happy Birthday, sweet Jillian!

Andrea said...

So precious!! I would love to know about your top also! I LOVE IT!!!

Charity said...

the last picture of you two looking at eachother is just beautiful and precious!

Jen S. said...

What a fun, fun time!! You guys look so cute :)

Lindsay said...

so cute! ...like everyone else, where is your top from? so cute!

Alex and Jill said...

I LOVE these pictures! Definitely need to frame one. As always, you look adorable too...that's where JK gets it from. :)

Nancy said...

She is precious & I can just tell how much you adore your two babies! Happy Birthday to the little beauty!!

Jenna said...

This post made me smile so big! Ya'll are all just the cutest things, and that little bday girl definitely takes the cake (literally!) for most adorable 1 year old ever! And her icing-covered mama is sweet as can be! :-)

Love all the pictures from all the party recaps. What a great day!!! Love ya'll!!

Bethany said...

What great photos and a story to remember for sure! You and Jillian look so cute in those shots!

Sarah Wyland said...

Priceless photos! I can't get over how cute she is - and how smart!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Those are the sweetest pictures. I cannot believe that Jillian is 1. Time goes by so fast.

H.i.D. said...

Hi. Could u please share wher ur top is from? Thnx

Sara said...

I LOVE the picture if her seeing the cake! It was also sweet of her to try and share with you:)

amy (metz) walker said...

That "cake face" made me laugh. I luuuurved her excitement! Sweet, sweet pics.

Sarah-Anne said...

ah, the cuteness! :D the cake on your face was pretty funny too ;)

Amber said...

Please share where you got your gorgeous blouse...

Beautiful baby girl!!!!

Kind regards,
Amber Summerrow

Amber said...

Please share where you got your gorgeous blouse.

Beautiful baby girl.

Kind regards,
Amber

Mommyblogger said...

What precious pictures! I love watching babies with their baby smash cakes! She is such a doll. I love that big headband :)

Jenna said...

I love that last pic of you and Jillian!!! So, so sad that we had to miss this. =( I heard you guys have been sick - I hope you are feeling better now!