Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day

We have a very laid-back day yesterday!

We slept-in until about 8:30 which was glorious! I feel like 8:30 is the new noon when you are a parent of small children! :)Jillian woke-up around 7:30, nursed, and then went back to bed, so we were able to go back to sleep for a little while.  When we woke-up it felt fantastic outside…like fall decided to arrive overnight! Since it was so nice, we planned a little lunch picnic/play date at the park with some friends.

DSC_0011 (640x428)

DSC_0058 (428x640)

Marci texted me while we were at the park and asked if we wanted to come over for s’mores later that evening. I love s’mores and never turn down an opportunity to eat them, especially when we get to spend the evening with some of our favorite friends!

DSC_0006 (640x428)

Matt and Josh-Catching marshmallows on fire!

DSC_0005 (640x429)

Some of the kids playing in the backyard! There were 16 adults and 19 kids there! Fun and crazy!!!

DSC_0007 (640x428)

Jillian thought she was big enough to hang with the big boys! :)

DSC_0011 (640x427)

This cutie could not hide the fact that she had been in the chocolate!

DSC_0013 (428x640)

Our friends, Mike and Jill, were there as well. Mike has a deep love for bacon. I’m not joking when I tell you that the man loves some bacon! They brought bacon to the s’mores party so that we could make s’macons, which is a s’more with bacon! I’m all about trying new things, and I love salty/sweet combo, so I gave it a try!

DSC_0009 (640x428)

It was really good! It was a great salty/sweet combo! Have you all had bacon with something sweet? I have recently seen several things online about chocolate dipped bacon! I would have never put the 2 together, but it really is good!

I hope you all had a great long weekend!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Yummy! I think I would like that too! Looks like Y'all had a great labor day weekend.

Megan said...

Yeah I'm totally thinking the S'macon sounds good. Love the combo of salts and sweets!!! Looks like you guys had a great day!! And sleepinguntil 8:30 IS sleeping in! :-)

waiting said...

I love to lay bacon across my pancakes or waffles with syrup and then cut it all up and eat it together! So good!!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful time! I wish we had all slept in too. We had a great day spending time with family.

Sarah-Anne said...

oh yes, i eat bacon with pancakes & syrup all.the.time. but on smores?! i will HAVE to try it.

Cari Leigh said...

Oh that sounds really good!

Looks good too!

I love Fall weather :)

Jen S. said...

Sounds like you had a really nice, relaxing Labor Day.

Those s'macons actually sound kind of good. I might have to them them :)

Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Yum! I have been into bacon lately. I've tried a peanut butter and bacon sandwich (ok, turkey bacon, definitely not as good, but my waistline probably loved me a little more for it) and I am dying to make a maple and bacon cake I've been hearing about.
Fall decided to show up in my part of the south THIS morning. I LOVE it!

Mommyblogger said...

I love smores & I love bacon but have NEVER thought of the two together!!!

Sonya said...

I've also heard of chocolate covered bacon recently. But they were talking about the bacon not being crispy. I think it might taste good with crispy bacon. Something to try anyway!

Kristin said...

YUM Smores! Not sure about trying it with bacon.....but I guess everything is better with bacon right?! ;)