Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jillian’s One Year Check-Up

I took Jillian for her one year check-up this morning!

I thought she looked SO cute this morning in some of her new birthday clothes!

DSC_0375 (428x640)

I love her cute little leopard Sperrys! I found these when we were in Destin this summer and could hardly wait for her to be able to wear them!

DSC_0377 (640x428)

Jillian had a great appointment today! She is right on track or ahead for where she needs to be developmentally.

DSC_0383 (640x429)

She weighed 18lbs 11oz- 10th percentile

She is 28inches tall-15th percentile

Her head circumference is 18 inches-75th percentile :)

She is SO petite! I asked our doctor is this was normal (Brody is 75th for weight and 95th for height so I’m not used to having a petite child) and she reassured me that is was completely normal and that Jillian had stayed on the same curve on the chart for most of her first year. She just thinks she is going to be a petite little girl! It’s funny that my 9lb baby is such a small one year old! We LOVE her little self so much!

DSC_0379 (428x640)

I asked our doctor lots of questions at the appointment today! It’s funny to me that this is my 2nd time with a one year old and I still cannot remember some of the things I once knew when Brody was this age. I guess mommy brain really has affected me over the last 3 years! :)

DSC_0384 (640x428)

We ended the appointment with several shots. We both cried! Ha! You would think I would get used to shot days, but I never do.  I think Josh should have to start taking the kids to shot appointments! :)

DSC_0386 (640x428)

We are so thankful for a happy, healthy girl and a great appointment today!

24 comments:

Faith said...

Oh my word, I die over those shoes! She is so cute!

P.S. Chad and I were chuckling last night at Brody and the video with the chicken. So funny!

Diane said...

Dillon was born at 10lbs even, and now that he's four he only weighs 33lbs. It's crazy to me! (Michael weighed 8lbs when he was born and how at 9 months weighs 21ish! Ha!)

The Mama said...

So cute!! My 21 month old just had a visit bc she is so small, she's just 22lbs and she was born at 8lbs, 4oz. We both have some tiny little girls!!

I cry at shots too. Sooo hard for momma's!

I am still cracking up over Brody's chicken video :)

The Tesdalls said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those shoes! And I love that she is a little peanut...just like my little girl:)

Alex and Jill said...

She is so tiny and sweet! Those Sperry's are PRESH. And shots days are always hard...I still cry when Amelia has to get them. :(

Oh, and I continue to watch the chicken video. I think Brody is the funniest kid on the internet. :)

Courtney said...

Those leopard print sperry's are too cute!!

Charlie's Mommy said...

LOVE THE SHOES!! Sorry to hear shot time is so hard for the both of you.

Angie said...

Those sperry's are just to die! Love!

She is just a little doll! So sweet!

Brooke said...

First off, I finally got to watch the chicken video and laughed for a good while. I wish ya'll lived closer so I got to see your cuties more often! Second, I LOVED those leopard sperry's- Paisley is going to need some of those next year. Just call me when you need to sell some of Jillian's outgrown stuff ;)

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I cry at the shots too. You are right - it's easy to forget things and I had a million questions this morning at the doctor too.

Dianna said...

I cried when Cooper got shots for the first time too! Now I make Kyle go with me!

Rachel Bell said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!! :)

Lindsey said...

I cry when I take the dog. I'll have to fly my mother or mil in to take my children! ;)

feedingmypickyeaters said...

OK I must just really blog too much because I remember reading posts announcing your pregnancy. I cannot believe it has been a year already. Time flies. I enjoy following your blog.
Anita
www.feeingmypickyeaters.blogspot.com

wallacefamilyblog said...

I dont think any parent will ever get used to shots. Wish we didnt have to get it done but I know its for the good of the child.

Nancy said...

She couldn't be ANY CUTER!! LOVE those shoes & she is so precious!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

She and her little shoes! So cute! I always get teary and/or cry ;) during shots (even though Hubby is almost always there and the holder downer :))! sweet babies!

Erin and Ryan said...

Those shoes are TOO CUTE! Love them!

Jennifer Gilbert Settle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVING her outfit. And I'm not looking to our upcoming 1 year old shot visit. Petite little girls are the best! :)

Mommyblogger said...

She is so flippin' cute!!! I LOVE her Sperry's.

Glad everything went well at the appointment & I hope she has no trouble at all with her shots ;)

Anna & Kirby said...

She looks so grown in the first picture! Goodness...time is flying!

Sarah-Anne said...

those shoes!! ah, they are so cute. Jillian is stylin', that's for sure :)

Laura said...

So funny! My little boy, Grayson, turned one on September 19th...he was a 9lbs 1oz at birth and is now in the 10th percentile too! He was a chunk and now is long and skinny:) I thought I would have a huge 1 year old!

Jillian is so cute! I love reading her updates since she was born the same week as G:)

beckyhabegger said...

Those shoes are precious! She is too cute!