Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy First Birthday, Jillian Kate!

Jillian Kate,

Today, my sweet girl, is your first birthday! What a wonderful milestone we have all reached together. While this was our third year of parenting, it was our very first year to parent a baby girl. And while you were our 2nd pregnancy and 2nd child, everything felt as new and exciting the 2nd time around. Just as wonderful and joyful as it did with your brother!

DSC04797

I cannot help but think back to the day we found out we were having a baby girl…our Jillian Kate. I can’t explain the joy that we felt at the moment and we have felt every single day since then having you part of our family. I tell your daddy often that I have no idea what the future of our family looks like, but my heart felt so complete once you joined our family. It was like a little missing piece of the puzzle fell right into place the moment you were born.

DSC04725

I still cannot even grasp how quickly this first year went by with you. I know life wasn’t able to just stop when you were born like with Brody. We didn’t slow down for a minute and you honestly love life that way. You have always been our on-the-go girl. You had to be that way since we were on the go from the moment you came home! You handled it all so well and we are forever grateful. It allowed us to continue to do fun things as a family that we had already been used to doing. Thank you for making the transition from one to two children much easier of us.

DSC04841

You have accomplished so many things this year and reached so many milestones. We loved being apart of every “first” with you. First day home, first bath, first time at church, first holidays, first time to smile, first time you slept through the night (a personal favorite of mine), first time to eat certain foods, firsts words, first time to crawl…and so many, many more. You have been a joy to watch grow this year, although if you ask me, this year went by too fast! :) We are so proud of you for all you have accomplished this year and so proud of the little girl you are becoming. You have the best personality. You are such a little darling, but also a little spitfire. You work us over with your smile and your pouty lip. I think you are going to be strong enough to be a leader, but sensitive enough to be compassionate towards others. I look forward to seeing how God uses traits you have even begun developing this year to shape you into the person he made you to be.

DSC04780

I wondered before we had you what kind of relationship you would have with your brother. You are the best thing that has happened to that boy. He is crazy about his “Sissy”. Some days he is a little too crazy about you. Thankfully, we learned early on that you were not breakable because he tried hard to break you at times. :) You two have started to develop a sweet, sweet friendship. He loves you so much, and the feeling is mutual. He loves to take care of you and “help” you and you are so cooperative to whatever plans he has for you that day. Some days it includes being a human track for his cars and dump trucks. Other days, you are at his mercy. He bosses you around and you usually comply. Then, there are days when you are his accomplice and you two cause all sorts of problems together. Those are the most exhausting days, but also my favorite days. I enjoy watching the madness take place. Thank you for being a sweet sister and an even sweeter friend to Brody. I look forward to watching you two together this coming year!

DSC04821

We cannot even put into words how thankful we are God gave us you! You have brought so much joy, laughter and happiness to our home this year. We continue to pray that you grow to love the Lord and that our faults, mistakes, and failures do not get in the way of that. We pray daily that we honor Christ in the way we raise you and that when you you look at us you are able to see Him.

DSCF9100

Thank you for such a fun, fun year! Bring on year two! We cannot wait!

Happy 1st Birthday, precious girl! We love you!

23 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday, sweet girl!!! ♥

GreenGirl said...

I totally teared up...I know...that's crazy!
What a blessed little girl to have you for a mommy!

Kelly's Avenue said...

Oh that was just so beautiful!!! I had tears in my eyes...........Happy 1st birthday sweet girl. You have a wonderful family

Emily Richardson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jillian!!! Loved the post!

Siân said...

Your little girl is a day older than mine! Happy Birthday!

Brittany said...

Happy birthday sweet Jillian!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

-Lauren said...

So sweet! Happy birthday pretty girl!

Jen S. said...

Happy 1st Birthday to your precious little girl :)

Diane said...

such a cute letter!

Michelle said...

You are such a good Mom. Your sweet letter to Jillian brought tears to my eyes. I look up to you. :)

Jody said...

Happy Birthday!

Angie said...

Happy birthday to sweet Jillian Kate! Your letter made me tear up, as my daughter will be 1 in a few short months!! I cannot believe how fast it goes!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!! I can't believe you are ONE YEAR OLD!!! You are such an angel!

brie. said...

how lovely. happy birthday jillian kate. this makes me want a wee-one! alas, we'll wait a while longer, i think :)

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Pretty girl!!!

Just the Two of US said...

Happy bday to your sweet girl!

Sarah-Anne said...

wow, i'm with you Jennifer: it seems like just yesterday I was reading your annoucement on the blog that you were expecting, then again I was reading that your sweet girl was born!
loved watching her grow & thrive under yours & Josh's amazing Christ centered care, jennifer! happy bday jillian kate!!

beckyhabegger said...

Such a sweet post. Thanks for sharing! :)

Day Old News said...

Wow, it's already been a year?! I remember you announcing your pregnancy! Happy birthday to her!

Faith said...

What a precious letter to your sweet one year old! She is just a doll and I hope y'all have so much fun celebrating this weekend!

jillie said...

You have such a sweet, beautiful, little family...I just want you to know how much I enjoy reading about ya'lls daily lives. I hope your "Jillian Kate" has a great next year of life and continues to, being a "Jillian" is a great thing haha my name is "Jillian Grace" and I always love meeting another little girl being named Jillian because it is so different!

Jamie said...

I just popped over from Kelly's Korner, and this letter was so beautiful. I cried and nodded my head the entire way through. What a gift you have to be able to put all of the heavy, but sweet sweet love for a baby daughter into words! I love when you talked about not being able to make life stop like you could with the first child. It's so true, but I'm not sure I was ever able to really explain it right. Your daughter is beautiful! Best of birthday wishes!

Shannon said...

How the heck is she 1 already???? I think I started following you when you just had her. Crazy! Happy birthday Jillian!