Thursday, August 18, 2011

What Not To Do

Never leave your children happily playing in their rooms while you go take a quick shower.

DSC_0664 (640x428)

They may team-up and make a mess in the kitchen.

DSC_0665 (429x640)

Even if you have child-proof knobs and locks on the pantry and fridge, it’s doesn’t mean one of them isn’t smart enough to open them!

DSC_0666 (640x428)

And then, that leaves a huge mess of boxes and dried pasta for you to clean-up.

DSC_0670 (640x428)

I just laughed when I walked-up on this little mess! It’s mostly Jillian’s fault. Brody just got down the stuff and then spent most of his time talking to me. She is a handful, just like her brother!

DSC_0668 (640x428)

Brody gave me a fake smile while I was taking pictures. I think he was scared to fully smile! :)

DSC_0669 (640x428)

I know I will miss these days, maybe not the messes, but definitely these cute little guilty faces!

Hope y’all have a great day!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! Those are definitely "cute little guilty faces"! So sweet.

Jenna said...

They are so funny! And they look so sweet in their little pj's!

Linds said...

oh no! this makes me scared to think what my boys will be into soon (Connor just started scooting everywhere).

Livi said...

I have a picture of my two older children sitting in the kitchen floor with the bowl of cool whip...DIGGING in!! ;) Sweet memories. Kids are such a mess!!

Meggie said...

Oh my! Too funny! I'll have to keep this in mind whenever I one day attempt to leave my two little guys alone for a minute!

Laura and family said...

I left Gabe and Claire in her room to ORDER HIS BDAY PRESENT... which took like 3 minutes... came back and there was red permanent marker ALL over her pink walls :( The messes are crazy. I put Gabe in his booster seat, buckled in, and Claire in her crib when I shower now!

-Lauren said...

I love that you document these events and find joy in them. You are a great mommy!

Shelli said...

This is classic!!!! All you can do is laugh about it...and I love that you got pictures... I need to start doing that more of that. :)

Sarah-Anne said...

d'awww... :) you handle these situations so gracefully, jen!

Blissfully Enamored said...

i love it!!!! enjoy it while you can! :)

Mommyblogger said...

Sometimes laughter is the best option, especially when dealing with kids.

The Skaggs said...

This looks all too familiar!! Life with two littles under two! CrAzY!